PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Scholarships

Captain_Tones
30th Aug 2009, 13:57
Hi,

Today i went on my first trial instructional flight at Parafield Airport and loved every second of it.

After the flight, my instructor told me about the Cathay Pacific Scholarship and told me to join pprune forums to find details. Unfortunately i have been unable to find any information on the internet or on these forums.:sad:

it would be gladly appreciated if someone could give me alink whereby i am able to download an application or even just read thru terms and conditions.

i am near the end of year 12 and therefore don't have much time. it would be good if i could get a reply as soon as possible.

Thanks alot! :ok:

SW1
30th Aug 2009, 14:09
Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/careers/flying/cadetpilot)

Took me a couple of seconds to find and post that. Good luck.

Captain_Tones
31st Aug 2009, 05:57
thanks for that!
i have tried clicking on that link from google but always fail!
but suprisingly it works now! :ok:

Captain_Tones
31st Aug 2009, 06:01
5 passes in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination / GCSE (O Level) including Physics and Mathematics, together with 2 passes in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination / GCE A Level, Science subjects preferred OR
Passes in Physics and Mathematics to year 10 and completed high school with the required university entrance qualifications, Science subjects preferred OR
Hold a degree or diploma in any discipline.that is there requirements but i didnt do physics in year 12 but did a term of it in year 10.. does that mean i can still go for the scholarship?:confused:

Matt101
31st Aug 2009, 06:13
Beyond GCSE (in the UK these are compulsory exams at about the age of 16) all it says is:

Science subjects preferred

so I guess you'll be fine.

Captain_Tones
31st Aug 2009, 09:39
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:
thats good to know!
every time i press application on the site, it doesnt work!! :(
does anyone know when they start allowing people to apply?

seneca208
31st Aug 2009, 10:10
I think its closed for this year.

Captain_Tones
31st Aug 2009, 11:24
yea i thought that was the case, i just want to know when they start allowing applications for next year...

its just that, im near the end of year 12 and dont know what to do... apply for civil aviation or wait for applications to open for Cathay Pacific?

am i just better off doing civil aviation at unisa and still applying for the scholarship?:confused:

and if i get in then i will just leave uni?

im so stuck at the moment, but all i know is that i want to become a pilot and wont stop trying until i get there!:ok:

please leave me feedback as i am quite confused on what to do!!

thanks alot!

Bealzebub
31st Aug 2009, 17:09
Here is a bit of feedback you might not welcome but it is very relevant in the context of posting on a professional pilots site, and as regards making applications to an airline where there will be a high level of focus on the language presentation of your application.

As unfair as it might be, writing a post with an almost total absence of any form of even basic grammatical construction, gives an impression of somebody who is either too lazy, or just cannot be bothered. That might not be the case, but it is how it is perceived to the reader.

If you research this site, you will get a flavour of the dire state of the market as regards pilot recruitment at this time, and the volumes of high calibre applicants competing for the very few sponsored or mentored opportunities that do arise from time to time.

It is worth the effort, and as you can see from the replies you have received so far, nobody else looks as if English was a subject they abandoned at an early stage. Bulletin boards are not a prime source for accurate language construction generally, but in an industry where communication is one of the prime foundation elements, it is perhaps more relevant than normal.