PDA

View Full Version : out with the new, in with the old.

stooged
30th Aug 2009, 09:48
any truth in the rumour that Bristow may have picked up a contract just south of Melbourne ??

Helicopspeeder
30th Aug 2009, 11:34
Or as in "I just go the hottest job going" WTF was I thinking? Or do i have the wrong "stooged"?

bladebanger
31st Aug 2009, 09:23
stooged,
If you are talking about the Tooradin contract, I thought Jayrow were awarded that about 6-7 months ago?

Banger

industry insider
31st Aug 2009, 10:18
Looks like it may be changing hands quite soon.

chopperpug
31st Aug 2009, 13:28
I would be thinking that there is going to be a changing of the guard from the end of this month.... just the quiet whisper. Hopefully that means that some of the dead wood in management now no longer has a leg to stand on. Company is far too top heavy, and not very competently run..... start packing I would be thinking if I was working in an upper management role. :8
I don't think there will be too many pilots or gingerbeers that would shed many tears to see some of them go...:hmm:
Just my 2.4 cents, inc GST.

Interesting times ahead for Jayrow with Offshore aspirations....
Chop

stooged
31st Aug 2009, 16:24
If true, I doubt any management's head will roll.

As we all know the people at the coal face will cop it first.

Knowing the outgoing company they will probably put 10 admin staff on to process the paper work.

industry insider
31st Aug 2009, 16:59
Chopperpug

You are correct, 1 Oct start for the big B I have heard

Shame that the only real Aussie company could be crippled somewhat by this....

Igor13
31st Aug 2009, 23:30
Why the mysterious title?

Why not Bristows wins Tooradin

or

Jayrow loses Tooradin

No need to be sneaky and pull punches it's a rumour forum.

Anyway, management are a bunch of fools (or at least the King of fools at the top definitely is) and they deserve to lose the companies backbone in offshore ops, the company is looking a little thin on the ground right now with offshore ops, from an outsider point of view anyway. Maybe they have some good stuff in the pipeline. Not guaranteed with those fools at the helm.

The guys I really feel sorry for are the boys flying the line whose lively hoods are now at threat through gross incompetence, not only at Tooradin but their other offshore bases as well. If it is true, which I hope it isn't, there is some good guys down there and I hope the new operator sees their way clear to pick at least some of them up on the new contract.

Time will tell, until then best of luck guys.

pd2
1st Sep 2009, 01:19
I understand that the Darwin contract comes to an end in 2-3 weeks, so even more pilots wondering what will happen to them.

bladebanger
1st Sep 2009, 02:57
Watch out Igor13,
HighNr will be on here shortly saying that it wasn't management's fault and that Bristow got the contract by some under the table deal and that the guys flying the line are as much to blame as well.

I was told 6 months ago by one of the pilots that they had been awarded the contract for 5 years. Maybe Jerka will have a new shirt on next week?

Banger

floatsarmed
1st Sep 2009, 06:43
Heard it confirmed that BHA have secured the Tooraddin contract for a 5 year period with extensions starting very soon.

I feel sorry for the guys working down there as I guess it is all going to end rather suddenly for them. Hopefully Jayrow have some vacancies on other contracts to move them sideways? I wouldn't think that BHA are going to pick up any of the Jayrow guys given that BHA have 'thinned out' a few contractors themselves recently. :(

PO dust devil
1st Sep 2009, 15:00
In the name of accurate rumouring and gossipization.....Can someone run the Jayrow ownership past me again?

I clearly recall a UK/Israeli connection associated with it. Please-please, someone let me know so I can sleep righteously at night knowing the facts or become indignant if it really was the last Truly Australian helicopter company operating.

It doesn't really much worry me either way who owns the company, so long as they give experience and income to Australian Pilots........Please - assure me they only employ Aussies on Aussie contracts................I will have to doubt the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy if those assurances don't come.

(But don't tell industry inspider lest that person be shattered).

:ooh: :rolleyes:

DD

PS - All the best to those affected by this.....shame.

High Nr
1st Sep 2009, 21:29
Actually my long standing soft spot for this company, is based on what the company did for me years and years ago, not in the current commercial management people.

Sorry Mr Banger, look elsewhere for a fight.

Jerka was coming in as I was retiring, think you will find he and a small group of hard workers would also be angry at this Tooradin situation.

industry insider
1st Sep 2009, 21:42
Dusty Devil

I suppose I was being slightly broad in my assessment but Australia currently has in the offshore industry

Bristow - USA owned controlled
CHC Aust - Local and Canadian controlled and USA owned
HNZ / Australia - NZ and now a little bit Canadian owned
Jayrow - Auusie and UK owned (ignoring actual shareholder's original citizenships)

So I am not shattered for me as I certainly don't work for them or any other helicopter operator. But I am slightly shattered for some of the good people who work at Jayrow and I hope that BHA take them or they find work elsewhere.

They have tried hard and deserve to succeed.

PO dust devil
1st Sep 2009, 22:11
Read all that 100%, Insider.....You and I are in agreeance then.

Good Luck to those affected.

Cheers,

DD

2THEMAX
2nd Sep 2009, 02:04
Think you will find that Jayrow is just fine!

Their respected and just shifted sideways Chief Pilot has moved into an On Shore role (Lucky bugger).

Has been replaced by somebody with the Auditors blessing, very respected chap.

Jayrow's "Corporate policy" of not tolerating past indiscretions has never been imposed on the Chief Pilot. (Jayrows management are all such puritans, or!!).

And the last rumour is that someone will be marched out of the Chief Pilots office and pushed rather firmly into an onshore role. Surprise surprise, one can only imagine who that maybe??

A history of lies, unsuccessfully defending the operator at the IRC when pilots entitlments go missing and lying to the ATSB over three accidents with FMS issues maybe something that he has just been confronted with.

Jayrow, had a chance to be the third operator in Australian Offshore, only one person to point the finger at why it failed. They could have done just fine without you!

Note: Post rewritten from a floggin I took last year by High NR.
Expect replies from his Aussie Mate, Red Wine etc!

Sorry the boy's at Tooradin have been let down, best of luck!

Max

GreenerGrass
2nd Sep 2009, 02:53
2THEMAX,

You got the wrong guy. There is someone in head office who is to blame but it aint Jerka. He's doing a fine job and has been one of the shining lights ot come out of head office throughout this whole process. Just ask any of the Tooradin pilots. So pull your head in.

C++
2nd Sep 2009, 04:58
You could be forgiven for thinking that no other helicopter operator had ever lost a contract.

Yes its disappointing that Jayrow have lost a long term contract. However I vividly recall BH lost a major contract in 1993 to Lloyd helicopters. Five years later they won it back again. Move forward sixteen years and surprise, surprise both those companies are still operating in Australia.

There is no doubt in my mind that BH and CHC (formerly Lloyd) would like the offshore division of Jayrow to go away. For those of you who think that this can be achieved by spreading illicit rumors and gossip in this forum, you’re sadly mistaken.

Hope the BH boys don’t mind splitting shifts in a shared bunk room?
:O LOL.... Goodluck

blade root
2nd Sep 2009, 09:59
Agree with you there Greener.

Jerka isn't responsible for this.

The (mis)management of the company is to blame. I can only hope that this loss will make then sit up and pay attention. Though I doubt it.:ugh:

Money being wasted in areas where it shouldn't and not spent where it should be.:=

Can only hope the GM goes before anyone else......

Like Ponting, he lost the unloseable.

ex tooradin pilot
2nd Sep 2009, 11:48
As one of the guys who flies out of Tooradin (for not much longer though) I would like to thank those of you who have wished us luck in the future. It was a really enjoyable contract to work on with a great bunch of guys (and girls) and the loss of it has certainly has been a shock to the system for the staff at Tooradin.
I can agree with GG's comments 100% . 2THEMAX you are way, way off the mark here mate putting this on Jerka.

VH-XXX
2nd Sep 2009, 13:28
Where will Bristow be based; at Tooradin?

Shoe_on_Head
6th Sep 2009, 00:56
I think that in a few months maybe even a few years we'll be asking who is Jayrow? or remember that company that used to operate in Australia that the father and son team ran into the ground because that had no idea?

Of course Jerka is to blame for it... But not as much as the chaiman.

I also heard that Jayrow's only EMS contract is on very shaky grounds too! If they lose that one what will they do? I also heard that Jerka is planning a replacement aircraft to replace the 365 they have there? An S76A... Any truth in that?

Looks like everyone will be working in Karratha unless they lose that one to?

Good luck guys! :D

hq holden
6th Sep 2009, 06:05
Tooradin based I heard on the grapevine, any idea what machinery will be used? S76 or AW139?

floatsarmed
6th Sep 2009, 09:06
Apparently an S76C++.

YOLLA PLATFORM
6th Sep 2009, 23:05
A lovely long relationship is coming to an end. :sad:

My bunks will miss you.

My palacial living quarters with all its ammenities await eager BHA crews and their "varying" needs.

Beware the kitchen as it have been known to produce laxative effects.

Last but not least, all visitors don't forget to pack your toothbrush and be open to the idea of spooning.

YOLLA PLATFORM

dodgy1
8th Sep 2009, 00:20
Is Bristow making an offer to the existing Jayrow staff or are they being made redundant or moved into other company operations elsewhere?
How many pilots will probably end up out on the street because of this mismanagement of the contract?

kwikenz
8th Sep 2009, 04:04
With everyone including the big two being so quiet, it would seem highly unlikely that people will be picked up. With the future so uncertain, Bristow would have to be pretty pressed to employ pilots that it may have to let go after costly retraining... last on, first off and all that!

Besides, in any case, the jobs will go to Bristow pilots first... the question then becomes will enough of them take it up? Therein lies some hope for the displaced Jayrow guys.

Fingers crossed all concerned can be gainfully employed in other Jayrow ops or with other operators in short order.

Good luck to all.

stooged
8th Sep 2009, 08:18
I hope that all the Tooradin pilots get employment with outside operators, as they will probably be looking in 12 months anyway.

Tooradin lost through management stupidity, no hangar in Karratha through management stupidity, Rockhampton ??????????.

At least Darwin is flying under the radar, but sure only a matter of time before management create mayhem for them.

Good Luck to all Tooradin Based personel, pilots, engineers and admin.

pd2
8th Sep 2009, 10:24
Nothing in Darwin. The contract comes to an end in a couple of weeks

dodgy1
8th Sep 2009, 11:27
So it looks like once again, due to the lack of management competence, many pilots will be out on street looking for work.
Same thing happened with HA, as i believe, not so long ago.
Good luck to all the pilots effected by this. Hope you find work elsewhere soon.

bladebanger
12th Sep 2009, 15:36
Management for Jayrow are to blame for them losing the contract at Tooradin and that includes Jerka. He is part of the management TEAM. All are accountable.
I've heard that they lost it due to some aircraft getting deregistered?

I'm not sure if Bristow would pick up any of the pilots from Tooradin as I've heard that they have enough 76's drivers. I hope that they will find work soon. Wish them all luck.

C++ & Ex Tooradin pilot. Why is 2THEMAX way off the mark? Jerka is management so he to can hold his hand up and take some responsibility for this loss. Its part of the job.

Banger

Wayne Jenkins
12th Sep 2009, 22:04
It would seem that some individuals wish to demean my efforts and character by making suggestive and damaging innuendo’s associated with me.

Please don’t hide behind a protective wall and throw indefensible accusations at individuals that can’t publicly protect themselves.

Please call me directly on any of the numbers below, and I will listen to your concerns and if possible address them.

Wayne Jenkins | Chief Pilot
Head Office: +61 (0)3 8551 1500|Direct: +61 (0)3 8551 1517
Fax: +61 (0) 3 8551 1599 | Mob: +61 (0) 418848133
E-Mail: [email protected]

chopper reid
15th Sep 2009, 11:26
Just wondering what sort of roster you chaps flew, what time did you normally depart for the Yolla etc. Cheers, C. Reid

floatsarmed
16th Sep 2009, 08:10
Uncle Chop chop,

Apparently, the Yolla job was an early start with an offshore shutdown followed by a whole day in a broom cupboard (bunk room) and then a late finish!

No really..... sounds like a lot of fun!?:}:ok:

Floats'

bladebanger
29th Sep 2009, 21:04
Anyone heard when Bristow are starting the contract?

Banger

GreenerGrass
30th Sep 2009, 05:28
Tomorrow :{