PDA

View Full Version : Wonderboom Schedule Operations!!

NOTOT
29th Aug 2009, 15:44
Heard on the news this afternoon that InterLink Airlines will be taking bookings for CPT/DNB as of next week. They had a short interview with Morad Ismale who said between 60 and 80 jobs would be created, anybody goy more???;)

Goffel
29th Aug 2009, 19:06
yup..he got awarded the contract.....hopefuly things will start looking up for some pilots.

Goffel

Tafelberg
30th Aug 2009, 15:17
Using what equipment?

Der absolute Hammer
30th Aug 2009, 18:17
Did not the estimable Murad Ishmail at one time work for the DCA?
Is he stuill flying the 748s?

Romeo E.T.
30th Aug 2009, 20:12
Yes he did, left there with a ''cloud'' hanging over him, also implicated in the ''over-charging-the-govt'' for V.I.P. air services,... got involved in Interlink thereafter, using mainly B737-200 initially leased from Safair, later owned....mainly doing ''HAJ'' flights, government deportation flights and the ''odd'' schedule domestically.
According to ''Avcom.co.za'' he will be using leased BAE146's for the Wonderboom schedules.

KRONOS
31st Aug 2009, 10:36
Was he not involved in the whole selling of licenses circus with his buddy the then CEO/Commisioner ....now the charter queen at NAC :yuk: how great is life with BEE holding your hand..

WhinerLiner
31st Aug 2009, 11:52
Oh he is a peach. He has been involved in more scams than I care to mention. He is also a walking commercial black hole so I'm sure this farce (like so many of its predecessors) will be short lived.

Anyhow a few examples of his previous business endevours were covered in the Cape Argus artical below:

Budget carrier Interlink Airlines claims passengers are lining up for its new "R199" cut-rate flights between Durban and Johannesburg.

The Johannesburg-based airline, owned by husband-and- wife team Murad Allie Ismail and Maraldiya Cader, began scheduled flights earlier this month, on Fridays and Sundays only.

According to operations manager Akesh Maharaj, passenger occupancy on the new route is running at between 65 percent and 70 percent.

However, the R199 special offer conceals the fact that the quoted fare is one-way only and excludes another R199 in airport taxes (effectively R398 one way or R796 return).

Airline officials confirmed that only 10 percent of its tickets were offered at this special rate which was also subject to an advance booking period of at least three weeks.

Airline chief executive officer Ismail made headlines in October 2005 when he was arrested by the Scorpions and charged with several counts of fraud and theft following allegations that Interlink had over-billed the South African Navy for R1,8-million for the rental of a Learjet tracker aircraft.

Naval warrant officer Leon Burwise pleaded guilty to 18 counts of theft and admitted receiving R27 000 for certifying Interlink's billing invoices. He was sentenced to a six-month suspended jail term after agreeing to testify against Ismail and Interlink.

ambasador
31st Aug 2009, 13:06
I would also like to know what aircraft they plan on using! I cant see a 737-200 taking off from Wonderboom's 1800m runway?! Props perhaps? Anyone got any FACTS on this?

four engine jock
1st Sep 2009, 07:26
-- PRY -FAWB -- TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE -- PRY -FAWB --
B737-200 ADV PRETORIA, ZAF
ELEVATION 4095 JT8D-17/17A ENG WONDERBOOM

TAKEOFF FLAPS 2.0 DEGREES AIR COND BLEED OFF

*** IMPROVED CLIMB PERFORMANCE *** RUNWAY 29
LENGTH 1827
SLOPE -0.95

22 2.21 40.9(25-25-32) 44.0(30-30-37) 45.0(32-32-38) 46.0(34-34-40)
24 2.20 40.6(25-25-31) 43.7(30-30-36) 44.7(32-32-38) 45.7(34-34-40)
26 2.19 40.4(24-24-31) 43.4(30-30-36) 44.4(31-31-38) 45.5(33-33-39)
28 2.19 40.1(24-24-31) 43.2(29-29-35) 44.2(31-31-37) 45.2(33-33-39)
30 2.17 39.8(23-23-30) 42.8(29-29-35) 43.8(30-30-36) 44.8(32-32-38)

they will not go far with a B737-200.

rodmur
1st Sep 2009, 09:46
He has 2 BAE 146-300,s

KRONOS
1st Sep 2009, 13:42
Those two that were resting at FALA possibly?????? last week it seems they were un-inhibited and one flew out...:eek:

grjplanes
2nd Sep 2009, 07:55
So what's happening, their website still looks same-old-same...no mention of Pretoria flights...wasn't bookings suppose to be open today?

legacy
2nd Sep 2009, 09:19
I also checked - their website is really out-of-date!! BAE146-300's also have restrictions at PRY to CPT -- I have my sources!!;) .. who knows what they gonna be flying!

Beechdrivr
3rd Sep 2009, 09:15
On the subject of new start ups.

Does anyone have any info on the A300-600 with China Southern livery parked at FALA. Word is that there are more of those a/c on the way to begin some international operation out of Lanseria. Any truth to these rumours?

Find it pretty interesting.

Safe flying BD:ok:

CALCULATOR
3rd Sep 2009, 10:45
The rumours im hearing are that Interlink are in massive financial sh#t.

Would you honestly go and buy a ticket from this company, the same company who has allowed there own 737-200 ZS-SIP park on the DELTA apron at FAJS for the past 3 months and it has not moved.This very same aircraft is missing a main wheel and is looking in a terrible state.They coudnt even afford to move it of the Delta ramp and fix it.It woudnt surprise me if ACSA didnt remove the wheel so that they can try make Interlink pay for there oustanding landing and passenger taxes.
Who ever flys on these aircraft you better make sure your personal insurance is up to date-GOOD LUCK:uhoh:

Der absolute Hammer
3rd Sep 2009, 13:03
Oh I am so very sorry to hear that MI has fallen in to the clutches of the criminal classes and has been distributing the cut price flying carpets from the Indian Ofice, cnr Bosman and Streuben Streets, Pretoria - under the jacarandas.
He was having all the opportunites of a golden haired blue eyed boy. A good family, first class political connections, lots of donations to charity and pleanty of the money and also hard worker. Also not bad pilot and instructor. Would be fun to fly across Africa with such a man I will be bound.

opsmike
7th Sep 2009, 12:56
the A300 is one of six that will be arriving over the next few weeks, three will remain at FALA to fly hadj flights the rest will move to Iran

Flymecpt
7th Sep 2009, 13:03
Flights are scheduled to commence on 30 October 09. The airline is currently undergoing a re-branding exercise, website being redone, customer service consultants are working on systems and staff training. Not a bad commercial move if it is done correctly, good catchment area in the Pretoria/Midrand basins. Business Class Service will include private transfers at both ends, there will be a coach service to Wonderboom from points in Pretoria/Joburg/Sandton to Wonderboom optional, incl in price of economy ticket. First flights to CPT/DUR, with MQP being added later. Possibilities of BFN/GRJ/PLZ in 2010.

four engine jock
7th Sep 2009, 19:03
They are looking for Rated crews now to ferry them on the South African Reg to Iran in the next few weeks. I have all the info. If any A300-600 crew in South Africa PM me and I can hook you up.
Cheers

ambasador
9th Sep 2009, 11:30
Its still a mystery .. what aircraft are going to be used?

Flymecpt
14th Sep 2009, 13:45
2 x BAe 146 will be used initially, under dry lease from Allegiance Air.

Nubrawarriors
15th Sep 2009, 14:52
Had a tour of Wonderboom last week. A lot of concrete going in there. They are buying GSE. Judging by the size of the apron I think the management are expecting more than a couple of BAE146 flights.

Regards PC

cigar
15th Sep 2009, 17:03
Schedules are up on their website (Interlink Airlines - Simply Business - Call 0861 101 135 (http://www.interlinkairlines.com)). 3x daily except Sat (no flights) and Sun (1 to DUR and CPT). Equipment listed as a BAe 146.

grjplanes
30th Oct 2009, 12:39
Any info on what's happening? Yesterday flights were still bookable for today, but today I can't find any flights to book before 20 November...so I have an idea they're not launching today? Have anyone even seen the supposed aircraft?

Cave Troll
31st Oct 2009, 07:55
Last I heard the Bae's were not going to be ready to fly on time so a 737 was being used as a stop gap till they are ready. Not sure where the 737 is coming from. I also heard the new start date is middle of november some time. I would not bye tickets just yet. Give it time to get going first.

ct

pumulani
1st Nov 2009, 16:37
I saw 2 737-200 flying into Wonderboom today using 29 for landing.

piapito
2nd Nov 2009, 07:09
Had a friend call me yesterday saying he saw a SAiRLINK Bae 146 on finals at Wonderboom RWY29, it apparently commenced a go-around on short finals and returned to FAJS, it was then followed about 2 hours later by a B737-200 touching down on RWY29 at Wonderboom. Any info?????:confused:

Flymecpt
2nd Nov 2009, 14:17
Interlink operated a 737-200 to CPT on Friday afternoon with Media/Travel Trade/VIPS in preperation for the launch of scheduled services on 20 Nov 09 after the official relaunch of Wonderboom which was hosted by the Minister of Transport and the Exec Mayor of Tshwane. The aircraft remained in CPT for the weekend returning Sun 01 Nov. A second Interlink aircraft - ZS-SIP positioned in from FAJS on Sunday afternoon. Not sure why SA Airlink is sniffing around as ID have first establishment rights.

100hours
3rd Nov 2009, 03:56
What happened to pax who already booked tickets BEFORE 20 November ?

Flymecpt
3rd Nov 2009, 10:21
Saw a press release stating that passengers who had booked we either refunded or re-routed until the 146's are ready.

toolowterrainpullup
3rd Nov 2009, 12:44
Airlink aircraft was only doing NDB training.

ZuluDelta
4th Nov 2009, 12:18
What happened to the the other crowd who were going to fly from there?

Cave Troll
4th Nov 2009, 19:00
ZuluDelta any hints as to who you are referring to?

ct

Goldfish Jack
5th Nov 2009, 01:06
Taken from the TNN website:

The CAA has not yet approved Interlink's flights from Wonderboom to Cape
Town as the organisation still needs information on the airline's proposed
operations.

This comes as the airline launched it's flights on October 30 ( eTNW
November 3) It planned on operating a full-service twice-daily flight to
Cape Town and Durban from Wonderboom.

The full schedule from Wonderboom Airport was expected to commence on
November 20.

There has been speculation that the runway is too short, but the CAA has not
confirmed this.

The airline is allegedly taking reservations and payment despite the lack of
approval from the CAA

I am told the token opening schedule flt did take place with 34 pax, which was the max they could take out of FAWB given the weather for that day and the did not use the terminal at CPT, but rather made use of Execujet's facilities!

Cave Troll
5th Nov 2009, 05:25
They are starting later than scheduled.
They are selling tickets for flights they don't have yet.
They do not have CAA approval.
The planes are not ready.
The runway may be to short for any reasonable payload.
I know for a fact allegiance does not have enough crew to operate 2 flight daily to CPT and DBN.

This is really starting to sound like a great success story!

ct

ZuluDelta
5th Nov 2009, 06:29
ct,
my comment is based on the following:
From late last year until early/mid this year there were comments about 2 companies Interlink & Anothen who may start scheduled flights from Wonderboom. it all seems to be Interlink now, just wondered what happened to Anothen? Nothing much has been said since.
Legacy & Ambasador had comments regarding this. Apparently also being started by ex-Airlink staff.. anyone know more or have more info on this? It would be good to find out who they are as if Interlink are now going to start from wonderboom, surely Anothen haven't just dissapeared off the radar? or have they....

100hours
5th Nov 2009, 10:26
what is the TNN website ?

Cave Troll
5th Nov 2009, 12:32
Thanks for that ZD. Sorry i have never heard of this other crowd. Would be nice to find out though. A bit of competition would be good.

ct

four engine jock
5th Nov 2009, 12:52
How can a B737-200 operate out of Wonderboom. Well maybe with 30 pax!!!

legacy
12th Nov 2009, 11:29
Hey ZD and co..

Rumor has it the Anothen crowd are still around working on other projects...

Heard from a friend of a friend of .. etc ...

I Also heard that Interlink is in hot water with CAA and the FAWB ops ..not sure what though - anyone got the gen on this? or is this only ref the TNN comments on their website?

Flymecpt
13th Nov 2009, 15:07
Join the Interlink facebook group via their website, regular updates seem to be posted there.

flyboy2
21st Nov 2009, 19:30
" Interlink Airlines has got its wings!!!! Licence to fly received from the CAA today and flights start tomorrow!!! WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!
Thu at 10:50am "
( The 1st flight departed to Cape Town -as per schedule- to Cape Town on Friday afternoon)

EXATC
24th Nov 2009, 07:19
Just a warning to anyone who decide's to fly with these sharks. Should you decide to change your flight due to unforseen circumstances you will lose all your money except for a small amount <R100. Was told that changing the flight is the same as cancelling and therefore no refunds!!!! Pass the news on and fly with a reputable airline. Interlink :=:=:=:=:=

ambasador
24th Nov 2009, 09:05
Now Now EXATC ....:=
each airline has their fare rules and restictions - and often if you take the lowest fare - you loose it if you change or cancel your flight. 1Time has similar rules (and so do many others) - I lost money once because I had to change my flight and I had bought a ticket with restricted rules!.. not their fault but mine because I knew the rules when I bought the ticket!:cool:

Its simple - read the fare rules and choose the option that's best for you.

If you want flexability - choose a more expensive ticket that allows you to change your flight.

I'm not a fan of Interlink either, but they are not the only airline with strict cancellation or change rules!:E

cigar
25th Nov 2009, 20:51
Interesting article in die Beeld re: Interlink's PRY ops.

Interlink se vlugte van Wonderboom-lughawe na Kaapstad reeds gewild
2009-11-25 02:36

Cobus Claasen

Interlink Airlines se eerste kommersiële vlugte van die Wonderboom-lughawe na Kaapstad is reeds gewild onder Pretorianers.

Dié operateur het gister gesê die daaglikse vlugte na Kaapstad het tot dusver ’n 80%-besprekingsyfer.

Interlink se debuutvlug het Vrydag van dié lughawe vertrek nadat hy vroeër ’n tender van die Tshwane-metroraad gekry het om die diens te lewer.

Die eerste vlugte sou reeds einde verlede maand plaasgevind het, maar die Burgerlugvaartowerheid (BLO) het dit tydelik laat uitstel toe dit aan die lig gekom het Interlink het nie ’n lugbedryfsertifikaat om geskeduleerde of nie-geskeduleerde vlugte van Wonderboom te bedryf nie.

Interlink het die spesifikasies (van die Wonderboom-vlugte) laat by die BLO ingedien en dit het nie aan die burgerlugvaartregulasies en tegniese standaarde voldoen nie.

Interlink het verlede week die BLO se ja-woord gekry om met die diens te begin.

Mnr. Neil Baines, wat Interlink se bemarking behartig, het gister gesê daar is tans ’n gemiddelde van twee vlugte per dag.

“Nie al die vlugte is volbespreek nie en ons het al ’n vlug of twee gekombineer. Sommige vlugte is gewilder as ander, maar in die algemeen lyk die belangstelling baie goed.”

Interlink gebruik twee Boeing 737-200’s vir die vlugte, het hy gesê.

Interlink beplan om teen 11 Desember met vlugte na Durban te begin. “Die tydsberekening is goed met die vakansiespitstyd wat op ons is.”

Baines het gesê die BLO se ingryping was nie veel van ’n struikelblok nie. “Interlink het nie ’n verlies gely nie omdat daar geen vlugte was nie.”

Die diens sal volgens Baines teen Maart na Polokwane en die Krugerwildtuin uitgebrei word. Vlugte na George en Port Elizabeth sal later volg.

- Beeld

Source: News24 - Error (http://www.beeld.com/Content/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/1928/66484e3632234d49bd01cca05e115d96/25-11-2009-02-36/Interlink_se_vlugte_van_Wonderboom-lughawe_na_Kaapstad_reeds_gewild)

legacy
15th Mar 2010, 07:41
so .. now that most have been proven right anbd the operation did not succeed - does anyone know what sort of loadfactors these clowns were operating (in and out of PRY)? I wonder if there is a market there? In my opinion - I think there is, if it is done right. There definately seemed to be interest in the operation.

Flymecpt
15th Mar 2010, 12:10
Toward the end they were pushing 40 to 50% which is not at all bad considering all the false starts, bird strikes, delays, refund dramas and bad press and not a cent spent on advertising - there definitely is a market there if done correctly!

plane4sale
16th Mar 2010, 06:45
Word on the apron at FAWB is that the airport is about to sign up with another Operator and 146's should start scheduled operation out of the airport in the next few weeks' time.

legacy
16th Mar 2010, 07:08
now THERE's some juicy news! Where the 146's coming from - I hope NOT from the previous operator's connection!! (where he was supposed to get 146's)!!

So - any idea who the new operator is? I sincerely hope they can use the staff from Interlink and get back some jobs!!

(That also explains why their website is back to the old again - and their "bookings" options don't show Wonderboom any more!!!)

wooolf
4th Jan 2011, 06:36
dont under estimate the physics of an aircraft

ChiefT
26th Apr 2011, 14:54
Obviously is the company INTERLINK AIRLINES (PTY) LTD, according to CIPRO, still in business, but is not operating aircraft.

I am not familiar with ZS law, but is there something like a "provisional" liquidation allowing them to keep their AOC? Thanks, folks.

Flymecpt
28th Apr 2011, 07:46
If a Company is stll in Provisional Liquidation, it can still trade normally under the direction of the liquidators I believe, this generally happens if the business will realize more value if it is sold as a going concern than broken up. I believe Interlink is in final liquidation which means it is done and dusted!

ChiefT
29th Apr 2011, 08:57
Many thanks!

However, in CIPRO it is still shown as "active" and the aircraft ZS-SIC is still registered to Interlink, according to AVDEX.

That's why I wonder about them.

Flymecpt
30th Apr 2011, 06:42
CIPRO is another fine example of efficiency in SA - we changed a Director in September last year and the paperwork still has not been processed!