PDA

View Full Version : Austrailian Medical/Alcohol

tommy4931
29th Aug 2009, 15:13
Does any one know if it is possible to get an Austrailan medical with having been issued two special issuances from the FAA for alcoholism? That is to say i've relapsed twice. I have applied for my FAA medical, and everybody I deal with...the PHD and clinician, feel that I am more than able to return to work. I will have 5 years of sobriety within the next month. The hang up is with the psychiatrist who feels that I do not communicate openly enough to have him gauge my emotional well being. No one doubts my honesty or the fact that I am sober, and have been for almost 5 years. They feel that I am working a good program also. Any help would be great....Thanks.

flying-spike
29th Aug 2009, 22:48
G'day Tommy, you might want to ask the mods to move this to Dunnunda and Godzown thread. Somebody there might be able to help.

tommy4931
30th Aug 2009, 02:36
Thanks for your help.....I'll do that.

tommy4931
30th Aug 2009, 02:40
How do you go about doing that....?

NZ X man
30th Aug 2009, 04:06
Tommy, he means look up the threads titled D&G reporting points, mostly Australian issues.

Cheers
Fellow expat

Metro man
30th Aug 2009, 04:46
Being a current alcoholic would probably make you fit in a bit better in Australia. For flying in Papua New Guinea it's a requirement. :E