PDA

View Full Version : Kenya operations with ZS aircraft

jbayfan
28th Aug 2009, 15:22
Can anyone assist with info on operating a ZS registered aircraft for a South African company in Kenya. We need to know if we can do so without deregistering it and also if there are SACAA approved AMO's there. It is a King Air 90 and will only be used for company transport. Can we use South African pilots?

Vialengai
29th Aug 2009, 05:54
Airworks at Wilson are a ZS approved AMO. The operation side of things is probably not possible. I know that Kenyan AOC holders acn apply to operate a foreign registered aircraft within Kenya underr exceptional circumstances for a max of 3 months. However, I dont know about private flying etc. With regard the pilots, they would probbaly have to be Kenyan or have Kenyan work permits. De reg/re-reg, probably the best bet if it is for a long time.

Goffel
29th Aug 2009, 06:22
send me a pm with your details.

Goffrel

Hitze777
24th Sep 2015, 10:30
I've got the exact situation as jbayfan. Besides that the aircraft in question is a PA32 and the owners are wanting to base the aircraft in Kenya for 3 months at a time. The purpose would be to provide transport for our company's expat employees within the borders of Kenya.

Is there any new insight into this type of operation?

Is the AMO in Wilson still able to maintain ZS registered aircraft?

Is it worth ferrying a PA32 all that way there when there are local charter operators providing the same service already?

Any advice would be appreciated. :8