PDA

View Full Version : Help A Dad!

shobakker
28th Aug 2009, 13:37
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this BUT here goes...

My little lad has just had his bedroom re-decorated and is now seriously into fast jets etc...he's got an excellent bedding set of a Harrier (I would have killed for that when I was a little'un) but we need to source some decent posters & stickers etc for the walls.

Anyone know of, or can suggest, any suitable places to get some decent posters/stickers etc of military persuasion? When I was a lad, it was easy enough to rock up to the likes of the Mildenhall Airshow and come away with enough squadron stickers & posters to last a lifetime - of course that's not so easy these days!

Thanks for your help!:ok:

Frankie B
28th Aug 2009, 14:06
Shobakker,

Lots of neat stuff at aviation museum shops.

Cheers,

Frankie

cornish-stormrider
28th Aug 2009, 14:46
I think the man meant blagging stuff not buying - what kind of RAF pr machine can not supply a shiny shiny ??

Flik Roll
28th Aug 2009, 14:50
Plenty of good quality photos in this forum alone, you could print them off?

Groundgripper
28th Aug 2009, 14:59
You could try writing to the PR department at BAE SYSTEMS at Warton in Lancashire. I used to work in Sales and we always had a selection of posters and stickers for distribution at airshows, but I left there about 9 years ago and subsequently passed all my stuff to our local ATC Squadron.

I don't know how generous they are these days.

GG

foldingwings
28th Aug 2009, 17:20
Pop into your local RAF careers office and see if they can help. Alternatively ask them who at Inspectorate of Recruiting at Cranwell might be able to help.

Do we have a future JP (junior pilot) in waiting!?:ok:

Foldie

andrewmcharlton
28th Aug 2009, 17:26
If you PM me I have a tube of old recruiting and "inspirational" vintage RAF posters from when I were a lad some 20 years ago.

minigundiplomat
28th Aug 2009, 18:14
PM me your address. I think there may be some Chinook display posters left over. It will have to wait a week though.

Aerouk
28th Aug 2009, 20:37
RAF Museum have an online shop as well - RAF Museum (http://www.rafmuseumshop.com)

PPRuNe Pop
28th Aug 2009, 20:50
PM me with all your details and I will send him a TSR2 print with the compliments of PPRuNe. It is signed by Roland Beamont.

Tankertrashnav
28th Aug 2009, 22:04
Shobakker - tell me, when does your Aviation memorabilia shop open? ;)

Only kidding :ok:

mad_jock
29th Aug 2009, 00:01
totally none shiney, none fast in fact an antique heap.

If your lad would appreciate a poster of the layout of a a hanley page Jetstream cockpit (none mil) pm and I will provided.

In fact PM and right time right place and all the rest of the nonsense we can give personal tour and all the rest if a clapped out old turboprop will make a father and son day out.

PS I will understand if you can't be bothered seeing the old girl.

RICKO
29th Aug 2009, 07:28
If he would like some of these shots drop me a line with an address and I will pop some in the post.

Ricko.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/RickoRB/T2b.jpg?t=1251530876

cornish-stormrider
29th Aug 2009, 07:44
dunno about him ricko but your hawk has just been taxed as this weeks wallpaper, good word sir :ok:

RICKO
29th Aug 2009, 10:45
Cheers.

The T2 is a lovely looking jet.

Richard.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/RickoRB/T2e.jpg?t=1251542590

shobakker
29th Aug 2009, 11:26
Folks

Can I just say thanks for the fantastic response to my request. One little lad is going to be absolutely over the moon! And yes, he's already talking about being a pilot and I for one won't be stopping that one!

It just goes to show what a great bunch of people you are *sniff*. It really is appreciated! :ok:

Aerouk
29th Aug 2009, 12:15
Ricko,

What sort of camera/lens are you using for these photos?

RICKO
29th Aug 2009, 12:18
Hi.

Canon 1D Mk lll with a Canon 300 mm 2.8 lens.

Richard.

minigundiplomat
29th Aug 2009, 15:04
Obviously no need for the back seat ballast on the day.

Wrathmonk
29th Aug 2009, 15:37
no need for the back seat ballast

Yep - rather have 100kg of fuel than those pesky QFIs with their non stop 'trim, blah, trim, blah, trim' ;)

RICKO
29th Aug 2009, 16:32
Ooooh.

I'de rather sit in the back seat!

Ricko

shobakker
12th Sep 2009, 16:21
Apologies for the bump but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's sent my little lad bits & pieces for his room - proves once again that the Mil community & their supporters come up trumps once again - one little lad is now happily ensconced in his room!

BEagle
12th Sep 2009, 18:45
Yep - rather have 100kg of fuel than those pesky QFIs with their non stop 'trim, blah, trim, blah, trim'

I'm sure they'd agree.....:rolleyes: