PDA

View Full Version : Can'f Find W7 specific grip on this one.

Loose rivets
27th Aug 2009, 19:10
I think most of the grumbles have been on the Vista thread, but anyway, I just had W7 shut down for the first time - for getting and installing updates. F:mad:ing annoying.

Just managed to get to a Save button to stop quite a bit of book editing having to be done again. Probably within a second of losing it.

Anyway, the list showed definitions mostly, but there were new drivers for the Nvidia card and the sound card.

It's the lack of "would you like to do this?" that obviously gets everyone's goat.

I do back up much more than the auto setting, but it's just the not knowing just what changes one has made that is difficult. Sometimes they are very subtle, but most effective, and may have been the result of considerable deliberation.

Mike-Bracknell
27th Aug 2009, 22:24
If you have anything open and unsaved, the application won't close, so W7 won't reboot. It'll get to the app in question, the screen goes dark and you're asked what you want to do.

Don't sweat it. :ok:

Loose rivets
28th Aug 2009, 01:00
Just got back to the problem. Something has happened, but I don't know what. It certainly asked me, and I suppose that the fact that I pressed the Yes button, (do you want to save this? type question) means that it gave permission to do its thing.

However, this evening, Word Perfect informs me that the program closed down in an inappropriate manner. Okay, the file saved and then the programe gets the plug pulled on it, that would work. But when I look into it, my time tag: DATE and 'Lunchtime', Highlighted in yellow for end of this session, are not on the normal file. They are on the Back 1 file. :ugh:

I know from looooooong experience, that there is just one way to handle this. Paragraph by paragraph, cross check the main file against the Backup. Scrap the main one for the Backup? Can't see anything wrong with that...but what if?

When I'm rich and famous, and parking my exec jet next to JK's, some spacetime physicist will holler. Hey, you made a technical mistake in chapter 16 dumbo!