PDA

View Full Version : Self un-loading cargo

rp122
27th Aug 2009, 00:05
Not sure where this thread lies, but I hope you like.

This is what the self unloading cargo are doing these days.
A mashup I made a few days ago just for fun.
See the original YouTube post for details of the sources.

YouTube - totally tubular (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cu7r2MaLJQ)

Keygrip
27th Aug 2009, 02:15
I'm not sure that it's meant to lie anywhere actually.

However - the audio was awesome, thanks for posting. I've not heard Tubular Bells since I was playing with my iPhone this afternoon.

I am impressed though...managing to get performance rights for Mike Oldfields music is no mean feat, I'm sure?

Lister Noble
27th Aug 2009, 08:52
Surely music from Meatloaf would be more approriate:}

Flintstone
27th Aug 2009, 11:36
There's a point, why no parachuting forum on PPRuNe. It's not like they'd lower the average IQ any more than some existing members :p

rp122. How did you get permission to use the soundtrack? I tried something similar a while ago and was quoted an absolute fortune and threatened with all sorts of legal nasties if I used copyrighted material without permission.

Floppy Link
27th Aug 2009, 14:03
rp122 IS Mike Oldfield! What are the odds? :}

rp were some shots sneaked in from Empuriabrava? Thought I recognised the coastline, although since I was skydiving there they seem to have turned everything upside down, if the vid is anything to go by...

rp122
27th Aug 2009, 15:26
All the shots come from a trailer for a 70minute film of the drop festival..

The Swedish Friflaj Festival (http://www.friflaj.com/Public/Info.asp)

I think the lack of somewhere to post this highlights the need for a parachuting section.

Not least as I seem to remember that piloting these aircraft used to be a favourite way to get loads of flying hours and lots of takeoff and landings practice.

Flintstone
27th Aug 2009, 17:38
.......the need for a parachuting section.

In the decade I've been around here yours is the first request I've ever seen for such a section. Don't think it'll be happening in a hurry ;)