PDA

View Full Version : Changing state of license issue

jeyjey
26th Aug 2009, 13:42
Hi all,

anyone out there who has experience in changing the state of license issue form Greece to UK? I did my JAA CPL in Greece and applied almost three month ago for changing the issuing authorities to the UK CAA. The took my money pretty fast, but from then I never heard something again. Trying to get in contact with the help desk...we call you back...but never got any call back. Even no answers to emails...what the f.... is going on with all the CAAs out therer? Why do they treet me like not existent...? Anyone any idear how long it takes roughly to change issuing country? By the way...I want to change my license fromm Greece to UK because of the problems with getting in contact with the Greece CAA, but UK is quite the same :mad: !!!

SW1
26th Aug 2009, 14:23
Hi, Im in exactly the same position as you, I hold a Greek CPL ME/IR. I spoke to the UK CAA who said it takes a minimum of 3 months to change the state of licence to the UK. I can still fly with my Greek JAA licence as I have a TR starting next week and cant afford to not have a licence for 3 months.

Be patient, it takes a while.

jeyjey
26th Aug 2009, 15:23
Hi,

thanks a lot for your quick reply, being patient seems to be the most important task for pilots struggling with all the authorities. Anyhow good luck with your TR...cheers JeyJey