PDA

View Full Version : Horizon "Aircraft ergonomics and safety" doco...

Dubya
26th Aug 2009, 13:22
Maybe not the best place to ask this question, but....

..some time ago on SBS, I caught the tail end of a documentary about ergonomics in aircraft cabin designs and how this had a huge affect on passenger survivabilty in the event of...an event or evacuation.

In the first instance, they gathered 180 people, assembled them into a 737NG, explained the certification requirements of evacuating with half the exits, don't know which ones don't work, and all within 90 seconds......

...presto, everyone survived.

Now, give them a cash incentive to be the FIRST, or SECOND, or THIRD....and so on, and this ammount decreases as they fall behind in the queue. During the evacuation, people were wedged in the overwing exit, thus stopping the evacuation, people had injuries from climbing over the seats, and so on and so forth......it was a real mess

Does anyone know who produced this doco, or where I could obtain a copy....I work for a major 737 carrier and this would be fantastic to view in EP's refresher training.

I remember "Horizon Productions" or something like that, but can't find anything on the net...

thanks in advance.....

dubya

John Farley
26th Aug 2009, 16:04
Check your PMs

It was a Trident actually and the incentive was paid if you were in the first half out but in essence you are correct.

JF