PDA

View Full Version : Can I still check-in?

alexpilot2008
25th Aug 2009, 15:14
Hi, I have just checked-in online with easyjet for my flight, and just realised that I have got all my bags to check-in too which cant be done online for obvious reasons, will I stiill be able to go to the check-in desk and check-in my bags even though I have already mistakenly checked myself in online?.....

Reason why this happened.....

I usually fly all the time with ryanair who make it compulsory to check-in online and is so used to checking in online it's almost robotic for me.

But because easyjet had a much cheaper ticket than Ryanair at the time of booking, I got my flight out with easyjet, and will return home with ryanair.

I just hope that the easyjet check-in desk staff can check my bags in!

I guess it wont be too much of a problem?

What do you think?

Capetonian
25th Aug 2009, 16:51
Done that, been there, got the T-shirt. No problem (easyJet LGW-PMI)

raffele
25th Aug 2009, 17:19
Yeah you'll have no problems checking bags in at the airport. As you say - you can't do it online for obvious reasons. Happens every day all over the world with nearly every airline

Seat62K
26th Aug 2009, 08:18
I thought easyJet online check in was restricted to passengers with hand luggage only......:confused:

Avitor
26th Aug 2009, 08:30
I thought easyJet online check in was restricted to passengers with hand luggage only......:confused:

That's what is says on the bumf...... :ok:

If you have hold luggage it's a waste of time checking in on line. :cool:

Seat62K
26th Aug 2009, 08:37
So, the original poster must have opted for "0 bags" when he/she booked. This seems to be the only reason why OLCI was possible.

Final 3 Greens
26th Aug 2009, 11:04
Seat62K

I've managed to check in online with easy, despite having declared a suitcase when booking, so I assume the systems don't cross reference on bags.

In fact, I used your argument to the check in agent when she had a strop.

'Surely, if this should not be done, your integrated systems would not allow it?'

I have to admit that I did not see the 'hand luggage only' caveats.

Alexpilot, the outcome was I got checked in after some muttering, so I wouldn't worry.

GroundedSLF
26th Aug 2009, 15:19
No problem - I did this with Easyjet 2 weeks ago, check in staff at LGW asked if we still had the online bording card, we didnt (threw away once we realised we had to check in at airport with bags), she just issued us with another at check in - same in PMI - it did flag us for a more thorough check at the gate, as the system showed us as having checked in twice...