PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard if GAM still going OK

aviationjunki
24th Aug 2009, 15:24
Heard recently that GAM at Essendon / Cairns lost their CEO, are they on the way out ? Or is this a change for the better ?

spirax
24th Aug 2009, 21:59
As a new poster, I suggest you do your fishing somewhere else ... :suspect:

aviationjunki
24th Aug 2009, 22:54
Yes, I am new to this, but not sure what you mean about fishing someone else. Thought this was the place to find out whats going on in the industry, am I mistaken ??????

tiger19
25th Aug 2009, 00:44
they just lost 4 pilots to jetstar

PlankBlender
25th Aug 2009, 01:13
..that means they've got some jobs going there?

Ando1Bar
25th Aug 2009, 08:47
The pilot surplus is over!!!

:hmm:

wessex19
25th Aug 2009, 13:43
Chief pilot finishing up also

triadic
25th Aug 2009, 13:56
And J* say then are not recruiting!

gassed budgie
26th Aug 2009, 03:19
Heard recently that GAM at Essendon / Cairns lost their CEO

I actually think he might've been shown the door and told not to come back.

aviationjunki
26th Aug 2009, 10:49
Anyone know who the new CEO is, or dont they have one yet. Also, was that the new Cheif Pilot that left, or PB

Kulwin Park
26th Aug 2009, 11:28
Personally I don't care whose coming or going, or who is making way for who ....
I just sw this post, and curious as to how the company is going without Steve Nott (Commander accident last year), and whether they are still fighting strong???
I used to know a guy Craig who was an ex-Aviall man there, but haven't been in contact with anyone there for ages.

So fill me in please, no rubbish or picking goss, just hope all companies stick out the financial aviation woes :cool:

Waghi Warrior
26th Aug 2009, 11:48
I aggree with Kulwin Park,because I got a start there back in the early 90's.
Who gives a sh!t about Jetstar stealing all their pilots,back in my days it was Kendell Airlines hiring our pilots when GT was the boss pilot. How many Shrikes have they got left operating now and do they still have UJL,as that was Steve's first Shrike if I recall correctly,I may be wrong due to the "SP White Can factor" !

spirax
26th Aug 2009, 12:08
It is quite obvious that junki is just fishing - nobody could be in the industry and be that dumb over 3 threads..... he obviously has another motive! :suspect:

For the genuine inquiries, the company is doing ok. A few org changes in the system but all good. If you are looking for a job, at least a few hundred hrs turbine might improve your chances.

Steve is still remembered.

longrass
26th Aug 2009, 12:42
Spirax has obviously become worried that his identity is blown, like the air coming from post, thundering up the arses of the people at GAM. Everybody is here to take the piss out of people mate, you've got bugger all posts yourself, so how bout you leave old mate alone and MYOFB

j3pipercub
26th Aug 2009, 12:52
at least a few hundred hrs turbine might improve your chances.

To fly a Shrike?? Ok, where do I send my application :cool:

aileron_69
26th Aug 2009, 15:08
Sounds like the states where they want an ATPL and a degree in aviation to fly a B200 or PC12 if you need all that for a shrike.

triadic
26th Aug 2009, 21:52
What about the Do228 !

aviationjunki
26th Aug 2009, 22:39
Hey Spirak, little you know. I was in the industry for 15 years, but out of it for the past 18months. Was looking to get back in and GAM looks like a likely candidate to try for so trying to find out if they are on the up or down.

I was also a very good friend of Steve's so hopefully they are on the up, but dont want to use this to any advantage, need to get in on my merits.

From what I remember they are quite reliant on Toll which is why I am also asking about them in my other posts. Didnt think it was a crime to ask questions. I guess I could just call them on the phone but though here was where the real truth comes out.......

eocvictim
3rd Sep 2009, 15:19
Actually lost 5 pilots to jetstar.

CP is gone, CEO has been gone for months.

More interesting is that both 690s and a 228 is for sale.

They're still hiring though, I dont think GAM will go under any time soon. Toll need them and toll know they cant do it any cheaper.

aviationjunki
4th Sep 2009, 14:45
Whos calling the shots now ?? Is there a new CEO or CP ?

eocvictim
5th Sep 2009, 08:15
Using a familiar CP for the moment until someone else is willing to take over. No idea about the CEO.