PDA

View Full Version : information needed

wannabe5
24th Aug 2009, 13:49
Hello im new to this forum and would like to appologies if this is in the wrong forum but it seemed to be the most suitable for the information i need. well any way to my question..im 17 years old and have always wanted to become a pilot in the R.A.F since i was at least 9 years old but the problem in i was never very good at the academic stuff at school i was an average student at best and if what i have seen on the internet is true then i do not have the correct qualifications to join as a pilot. My qualifications to date are three standard grades at level 3, three standard grades at level 2 , one standard grade at level 1 and one standard grade at level 4 ( for those of you in england a standard grade is much the same as a GCSE whith the grades descending from 1 being the best and 7 the worst) i also have one intermediate 2 passs at level c and one intermediate 2 pass ay level A i also have a higher grade for p.e. at level C i have also done a course on basic CPR and took a course to complete my level one football coach badge. Now if these qualifications are not enough for me to join as a pilot is there another way for me to join the RAF with a view to becoming a pilot in the future ? any help would be much appreciated thanks :O

BEagle
24th Aug 2009, 13:54
You may find this link of use:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/280990-oasc-candidates-wannabes-please-read-thread-first.html

Grabbers
24th Aug 2009, 13:54
Well, my tin hat is on awaiting the usual 'helpful' replies. Until then chum, try looking at the sticky thread at the top. And good luck.

wannabe5
24th Aug 2009, 13:57
thanks i will definatly take a look at that thread i cant believe i never seen it when i came on here its right at the top of the page ! :ugh:

minigundiplomat
24th Aug 2009, 13:59
thanks i will definatly take a look at that thread i cant believe i never seen it when i came on here its right at the top of the page

Neither can I. Nice trawl.

Wader2
24th Aug 2009, 14:12
MGD, very true, especially as the nickname is a well used one. How come he selected wanabe straight off?

wannabe5
24th Aug 2009, 14:24
you both have me confused :confused: have i done something wrong ? i used the name wannabe because it seemed appropriete considering i "wannabe" a pilot or maby i used it because of my lack of imagination ? i set up a thread hopefull to get some information and instead i get people wondering why i have used this name ?:confused::confused::confused:

green granite
24th Aug 2009, 14:42
I'm surprised the grammar police haven't swooped .

airborne_artist
24th Aug 2009, 15:06
From: Pilot - Aircrew jobs - RAF Careers (http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/pilot.cfm)

Qualifications you need: 2 A-levels or 3 Highers or equivalent. 5 GCSEs/SCEs at Grade C/3 minimum or equivalent, including English language and maths

wannabe5
24th Aug 2009, 15:14
airborne artist thank you for the information :D.

XV490
24th Aug 2009, 15:28
I'm surprised the grammar police haven't swooped

We were maintaining a high-level CAP, but felt sorry for the target.