PDA

View Full Version : Accessing PPRuNe using IE 8

andrew-webber
24th Aug 2009, 10:47
Hi There - I wonder if somebody could please help me with accessing the PPRuNe website using Internet Explorer 8. I have definately been able to login before but lately (after an I.E. update maybe?) after I have entered the verification code, I get a message saying that I have been logged in ok. However I am then returned straight back to the login main page and have no access to the user control panel.When I try to post into a thread, I am informed that I am not logged in!!

It must be something to do with IE 8 settings as I can login ok using Google Chrome. I have reset IE 8 settings back to default but still get the same problem.

Any ideas, suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
Andrew

Michael Birbeck
24th Aug 2009, 11:04
You might have set IE8 not to accept cookies. Go to the Tools option/Internet Option/Security and set the authority to an appropriate level.

With IE8 the other possibility is that you browsing in Safe mode using In Private Browsing. Go to the Safety option and change the rules accordingly to allow you to accept PPRuNe cookies.

Ancient Observer
24th Aug 2009, 11:10
Michael's right - it's not IE8 itself, otherwise I couldn't type this. It will be in your settings.

andrew-webber
24th Aug 2009, 12:07
Great, thanks guys - I have enabled/allowed cookies for www.pprune.org.uk (http://www.pprune.org.uk) and all now seems fine.

Thanks again.

Andrew