PDA

View Full Version : CTCWings Nz?

gb1421
24th Aug 2009, 03:41
Hi all,

I have recently been asked to go for an interview at CTCWings in the UK however I would also like to ask some question bout their NZ operation. I am a UK citizen but am currently living and working in HK, my wife is American and hates England.

Is it possible for a UK citizen to join the CTCWings NZ?

How much does it cost (bond), as the UK is around 70K gbp but I have seen many NZ flight schools offering an ab initio course for 30K gbp?

If I were to get in to the NZ school is it possible to work for a NZ carrier after or do they only accept NZ citizens?

Thanks for your help

GB1241

99jolegg
24th Aug 2009, 04:33
To join the CTC Wings CPP course, you must: have the right to live and work in New Zealand in your own right, rather than by right of marriage

FliegerTiger
24th Aug 2009, 06:55
Please also be aware that at the moment once CTC cadets have qualified they go into the "flexi-crew" pool, this effectively means no permanent job at the end of training anymore. Work during the summer (most likely for EZY), then binned for 6 months.

:mad::ugh::=

minimum_wage
24th Aug 2009, 08:22
Joining the ctc wings nz will just give you the licence. Not a job. However I believe they experimented with 2 cadets who went to eagle to fly a 1900, which is essentially a GA aircraft anyway.
Unlike the uk course, you need experience to get a job in nz with a regional. You are looking at 1500hrs + with several hundred multi IFR time.

NZ is not the easy road that europe is into a flying job.

99jolegg
24th Aug 2009, 10:02
Please also be aware that at the moment once CTC cadets have qualified they go into the "flexi-crew" pool, this effectively means no permanent job at the end of training anymore. Work during the summer (most likely for EZY), then binned for 6 months.

That's nothing to do with CTC Wings CPP based in NZ.

And it's not really true for the UK either...the flexi-crew system is optional for Wings cadets. The traditional hold pool still exists it's just that nobody is likely to turn down 6 months with an airline when the alternative is...nothing.