PDA

View Full Version : ME Hour-Building US/Canada

XX621
20th Aug 2009, 09:55
Can anyone recommend anywhere from their experience? Would need, if possible, somewhere happy to rent out a multi to someone fresh out of the ME rating (with req. check-outs obv.)

Cheers.

B200Drvr
20th Aug 2009, 11:36
Ari ben Aviator, Ft Pierce, Florida. Big fleet of BE 76's and great destinations to go to if you are a little adventurous.

BigGrecian
20th Aug 2009, 17:10
Nearly everyone of them will require an FAA Multi IR to do so - as otherwise it makes the insurance astronomically expensive.

Be EXTREMELY careful about logging of flight time - JAR do not accept what the FAA accept in terms of safety pilot and most JAA CAAs are aware of this and have been known to delay/reject applications pending certification that they were the only pilot logging PIC at that time etc etc.

pilotbear
20th Aug 2009, 18:27
Try FIT aviation at Melbourne or yes, the place at Fort Pierce FL that rent the duchess for time building would be a good bet.

portsharbourflyer
21st Aug 2009, 23:11
I have researched this in the past; so not sure if the info I have is up to date.

An FAA ppl and multi can be issued on the grounds of your JAA licence, it is in effect a paper work exercise (can't remember the exact process).

If you have a JAA multi IR, then there is a FAA foriegn pilots written IR test, this test can be taken in this country (UK) and will allow you instrument priviliges for private purposes in the US. So you can get the FAA private multi IR without taking any flight test.

Some schools will have insurance minimums for hiring a twin (ie: 50-100 hours multi), however 5-10 hours checks outs are a common requirement.

As Big Grecian points out, when you see a hundred hour block advertised quite often ony 50 hours can be logged under JAA rules. However Ari Ben use to give an option of paying an extra 20 dollars an hour on the advertised rate, in order to allow you to fly all hours as the actual handling pilot.