PDA

View Full Version : crash in somalia

jgrisell
20th Aug 2009, 00:39
Trying to find out info about a crash; plane out of switzerland,
possible 3 or more deaths, some burned, some hospitalized. May have been a french plane?
happen on or about 8/11-8/14/09. may have been a private plane charted coming out of switzerland.

Safe-T
20th Aug 2009, 06:34
I suspect this to be a mixup with a plane crash in Somalia a year before, August 13, 2008:

ASN Aircraft accident Fokker F-27 Friendship 500 5Y-BVF K-50 Airport (http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20080813-0)

jgrisell
21st Aug 2009, 03:26
No! the crash was this year.
perhaps the mishap was not reported.

V1... Ooops
21st Aug 2009, 10:12
Reported to whom? I don't believe that Somalia has a functioning aviation regulatory authority. This would make it kind of difficult to follow the ICAO Annex 13 procedures for reporting an accident.

Common sense suggests that in the absence of a Regulatory Authority in the state where the accident took place, the accident should be reported to the Regulatory Authority of the state of registration. You might want to check the French BEA or Swiss FOCA (BAZL) websites and see if there are any reports published there.

Good luck.

mohalicious
30th Aug 2009, 05:09
Guys,i have been flying in somalia recently and there hasnt been any crash in any part of somalia,the only fatal crash was a fokker-27 operated by fly-540 last year at K-50 airport.Most of the airports are manned by the terrorist groups and can be very dangerous but alot of humanitarian work is still done.