PDA

View Full Version : Bomb threat against SQ

bigjames
20th Aug 2009, 00:15
can any one add any info to the following news item:

A bomb scare on a Melbourne-bound Singapore Airlines flight rattled passengers as the plane prepared to land in Melbourne this morning.

The flight, with 198 passengers and 20 crew, was alerted to a bomb threat received in a call centre at Mumbai, India, after the plane had taken off from Singapore, an airlines spokeswoman told The Age.
The crew alerted passengers to the potential threat.

"I can confirm there was a disruption on Singapore Airlines SQ227 and the Australian Federal Police are investigating," a spokeswoman Tullamarine said. She said the flight landed safely.

Australian Federal Police are investigating.

Flight Detent
20th Aug 2009, 02:25
You don't seem to understand that bomb threats that are announced prior to any actual detonation are overwhelmingly just someone trying to get noticed!

Those that are not announced are the real problem!

So you see the problem we have...

Avman
20th Aug 2009, 09:47
IF the report is accurate, seeing as they couldn't do nowt about it, I'm not entirely convinced that informing the pax was a good call.

Load Toad
20th Aug 2009, 10:34
Yes - telling me that I might get turned into hamburger at 30odd thousand feet and there was nothing I could do about it other than sit and wait and hope it was a false alarm and become conscious of every suspect sound, motion or unusual flight activity would do wonders for my nerves / heart / mental health.

Di_Vosh
20th Aug 2009, 22:44
Those that are not announced are the real problem!

Erm. I'd suggest that while you're correct in saying that the "announced" ones are attention getters, they can (and have been in the past) still refer to a real bomb!

The IRA in the 80's and 90's would send a coded message to the U.K. police for many of their bombs; just like ETA sometimes do in Spain.

DIVOSH!