PDA

View Full Version : STN strike

alexpilot2008
19th Aug 2009, 14:19
Hi,

I am flying from Stansted STN next Friday, with Ryanair, it is rumoured that the baggage handlers of swissport may go on strike?

Is Ryanair serviced by Ryanair? and is this strike likely?

Who will be affected? Any ideas on these rumours?

Cheers,

Alex

A2QFI
20th Aug 2009, 19:35
Questions too vague/incomprehensible! If there is going to be a strike it will be mentioned on the Ryanair website, in the meantime - Strike fear at Stansted Airport - Herts and Essex Observer (http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/hertsandessexobserver/displayarticle.asp?id=440823).

If the bagage handlers strike it will presumably not affect people who are travelling hand baggage only!

19F
20th Aug 2009, 21:34
Hi,
Mentioned on the Ryanair website like this, quote (my italics):

"Baggage Handling Strike at Liverpool Airport - 20-21 August 2009

16:00 hrs - Thursday 19th August

Ryanair have been advised by Servisair our 3rd party baggage handling agent at Liverpool Airport that industrial action will commence from 0400 hrs on Thursday 20th August 2009 until further notice."

I'm flying from STN on Wed 26th Aug with baggage and am keeping watch...

Cheers,
Peter

Avitor
23rd Aug 2009, 22:43
I am travelling from STN next Friday 28th. Has there been any update on a possible strike by baggage handlers? :hmm:

Avitor
24th Aug 2009, 11:43
I have just phoned my carrier...... "We will inform you of any developments" That's fair enough.

Union Jack
24th Aug 2009, 11:45
I am flying from Stansted STN next Friday, with Ryanair, it is rumoured that the baggage handlers of swissport may go on strike?

Was it something you said?:)

Jack

Avitor
24th Aug 2009, 14:24

Was it something you said?:)

Jack

I was harking to my misuss, your post made I laugh, she thought I was laughing at her commets and there may be rewards....good man! :ok: