PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Caa To Jar System

Cpt.Iwillbe
19th Aug 2009, 05:45
Dear Sirs,

Please help coz am confused with the subject,

1. Made to understand Malaysia DCA intends to implement the JAR sylabus in 2010. Anyone knows the exact date of implementation?
2. Whats the diffirence between the 2 systems, CAA amd JAR?
3. Any advice on further reading on this subject, please kindly share.

Happy landings, god bless and thanks in advance :)

kennyngkenrich
19th Aug 2009, 15:03
for your info jar will never recognise the malaysian caa papers... nor will they even accept the malaysian atpl... u will have to redo the jar papers in uk or other jar contracting states to be valid. We are doing the paria papers with ripoff prices... a cut for dca and a cut for international services..

tian yu
22nd Aug 2009, 04:11
Geeze! Okay...thank God I didnt enroll in M'sia then..lolz*

Lesson : Work hard-study smart-fly safe-ENJOY IT :ok:

IRISHPILOT
22nd Aug 2009, 14:30
kenny, the question was not about mutual recognition, but implementation of the JAR sylabus.

I am afraid I cannot really help you with your query, but had to clarify this.

Yes, the Malaysian ATPL will remain as recognised as ever, give you the same privileges as now in JAR land and worldwide. After all, this is an ICAO member state. Even non-ICAO licences are valid (with restrictions) in JAR countries.

From my experience with JAR implementation back home: try to do the national licence, then swap for whatever paper they issue you with later. Try not to be one of the first to try a new system.

good luck! IP

WLM
23rd Aug 2009, 14:18
IP

I think u maybe mistaken in ur answer; this query was about an MY student doing his Malaysia ATPL under the proposed JAR syllabus in 2010 then being able to have a JAR license issued; as mentioned by Kenny, that will never happen...Gosh even now, it clearly stipulates that CAA UK Malaysian exams papers are not valid towards a CAA UK license

Yes a DCA ATPL is ICAO standard but only allows u to commercially fly a 9M registered aircraft in MY or anywhere else in the world; if u want to convert to a JAR ATPL to fly commercially in JAR countries, then u have to sit JAR papers as correctly explained by Kenny

I do know what I am waffling on about as I have 2 ICAO issued licenses respectively for the countries locally registered aircraft I am employed to fly...

But if I am wrong as the law always changes, then great, so I could work back in Europe then with my ICAO ATPL :ok: