PDA

View Full Version : Ravenair for PPL

vkw91
18th Aug 2009, 14:00
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any recent experiences with ravenair liverpool, as I have heard a lot of mixed reviews but am strongly looking into doing my PPL with them.

I went for a trial flight with them last Friday, and it was fantastic. I got on with the instructor, we had a laugh, and learnt a lot too.

However it is some of the other instructors that seem to put me off with their smarmy attitude didn't seem helpful at all.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers,

Vicky

mazzy1026
18th Aug 2009, 14:41
Hi Vicky

Just be sure to have checked out all of the other schools on the airfield, especially the one next door! This will help you make up your mind, I am sure :)

Best of luck

Maz :ok:

maggioneato
18th Aug 2009, 18:37
Hi Vicky. Go and stick your nose in the door at Merseyflight, friendly bunch, nice instructors too. :ok:

bingoboy
18th Aug 2009, 18:40
Tip I was given by a Ravenair staff member was to ensure that you book not just your lesson but book a specific instructor if you have a preference. The bookings chap is at Barton so unless you make your requirements known absolutely you may become just a name.

dan_egcb
18th Aug 2009, 20:42
you need to be sure that the instructors are there to instruc and not hour build! So make sure they are going to stick about till you finish your PPL, and not bugger off when they find a commercial job!

lazy george
18th Aug 2009, 21:57
The bookıng chap ıs not at Barton they are seperate, the ınstructors maınly are all well experıenced and are ın ıt for the rıght reasons so ıgnore most of the crap you hear on here. Its a good school,wether ıt be Barton where ı traıned or lıverpool. The only downfall about them ıs aged aırcraft that tend to go tech a bıt too much.

vkw91
19th Aug 2009, 11:37
Thanks for the tips guys.

I think with Ravenair its a case of once you get to know them they are fine. I have already experienced the age of the Ravenair tomahawks - it kind of puts things into perspective when the plane your flying is nearly twice your age!

I will defiantly have a look at Merseyflight as well.

Any other tips for a newbie are most welcome!! :)

Cheers,

V

Hyph
19th Aug 2009, 21:58
Have you been to Hawarden? Assuming that your advertised location is correct, it's certainly nearer - a handy thing for marginal weather days, or short notice lessons.

vkw91
20th Aug 2009, 14:58
Cheers Hyph - Although I live in the wrexham area, I work most of the time in liverpool and don't get back into wrexham most nights until 7pm-ish - Hence why I have been looking into liverpool.

Ben Shone
27th Sep 2009, 21:53
Hi Vicky,

If you still haven't made your mind up completely, feel free to come and have a look around Flintshire Flying School at Hawarden airfield, just give us a quick call on the number advertised on our website (www.flintshireflyingschool.co.uk (http://www.flintshireflyingschool.co.uk/)), we're open 7 days a week and you are more than welcome to pop down at anytime that suits you :).

Ben