PDA

View Full Version : Bellview Airlines Gone?

LOS
18th Aug 2009, 10:38
Seems that Bellview is down to one B732 and all international operations (LHR) are terminated. Any truth?

Other rumour is that they will get a single B767-3ER (ex-Gulf Air).

SalesConsult
18th Aug 2009, 10:46
LOS, I am aware that they have confirmed bookings in their system and must bring returning passengers end Aug & early Sep back to UK. I cannot reconcile being down to a single 737 and going for a 767. A 767 will only bolster their UK ops and will be of not much economic use for their regional ops.

BUSHJEPPY
18th Aug 2009, 11:48
According aerotransport.org, only 5N-BFM B732 still in operation. B762 5N-BGG and BGH have been returned to GECAS an put into storage.

elpilotofrances
18th Aug 2009, 17:26
I have see a 757 from a ialian company ( registered SU- !!!!!) in LHR and LOS on Bellview airline flight number
But it was 10 days ago ...

AVSEC
18th Aug 2009, 21:11
what a shame

Rani
21st Aug 2009, 08:30
Bellview's (or ex-Bellview)'s two 767-200s have been re-registered:

N306MT
N805MT

Sources suggest that Bellview has been consistently late in paying rent to GECAS and is currently owing the lessor in excess of $2.540 million.

The aircraft have been effectively re-possessed on Aug 12.

SalesConsult
21st Aug 2009, 09:35
This clearly is the end of the road if the two aircraft are repossessed. More guarantees would be required to get another 767 and under the current climate, Nigerian banks may not be too ready to fall for that.:confused:

Capetonian
21st Aug 2009, 09:50
Personal message:

FROM THE DESK OF MR.JAMES UBAFOR

I am the until recent Chief Executive of Bellview Airlines of Nigeria. In disbursing the final accounts of the airliner's operations we have discover some discrepancies in the accounting and I am currently in charge of an excess of dollars (US) 35,500,000 (three hundred and fifty five million dollars (US).

I got your name after praying with God's guidance and an internet search and I need you an hoenst person to help me to collect and remit the fund overseas. Your benefit will be 30% (per cents) of the amount.

CONFIRM TO ME THE INFORMATION BELOW. 1. Your Full Name.2. Your Age/Sex.3. Your Location.4. Profession,and Marital Status 5. Your Phone, fax and mobile. Finally as soon as you get back to me your payment would be directed to the Telex Programmer of the First Bank of Nigeria, who would get in touch with you regarding your funds transfer.
MR.JAMES UBAFOR

SalesConsult
21st Aug 2009, 10:32
Mr James Uba.....

I have a good advice.

Don't bother sharing the money with anyone. There are many dubious guys out there. Take just $5m of your 'lucky loot' - (it is really your money) butt out the management of Bellview. Use another $2m to solve the problem that the airline has. That is only 2% of what you have - then retire to my private island and blow another 10% maybe. But please don't use any home bank for your loot, I heard that the Central Bank governor is mean....:rolleyes:

BALEWA
21st Aug 2009, 21:36
"More guarantees would be required to get another 767 and under the current climate, Nigerian banks may not be too ready to fall for that."!!!

Bizzare that cos I know they have a B757 operating their London Route and understand there are 2 B767-300 ready to move into Lagos in a couple of days, friend in ACN confirmed NCAA had approved the whole process for the -300 and the airplanes are in Shannon Airport right now..

And the B757 is here flying!!! So Odukoya must have something up his sleeves, trust that guy dont think we have heard the last from him believe me.:E

bubby4
22nd Aug 2009, 00:50
HI

HAS YOU HEARD ABOUT ALLIED AIR AND WHAT KIND OF AIRCRAFTS ?

THANK YOU:rolleyes:

BUBBY

LOS
22nd Aug 2009, 11:46
B3282/283 were cancelled today.

So will Bellview take two ex-Gulf Air a/c, A9C-GV & -GZ, re-reg. N90GV & GZ, now at LTN?

Balewa, will they start flights to Jeddah next week?

Allied Air operates B727F: Allied Air | Global Home | Working together, Reaching Further (http://www.alliedaircargo.com/)

GlobalFlyer
22nd Aug 2009, 16:06
That has got to be the most moronic, disrespectful thing B3 can do to its 'loyal customer base' right in the middle of summer (August). Cancel flights, strand passengers, while it replaces its 767 fleet in a most unstudied, careless manner to its passengers.

Another reason why airlines fail.

SalesConsult
22nd Aug 2009, 16:45
I said on 18 Aug

I am aware that they have confirmed bookings in their system and must bring returning passengers end Aug & early Sep back to UK.

They are now stranding pax.

B3282/283 were cancelled today.

Odukoya may have so much up his sleeves, this ship of his is not just water-tight, it is closed and BALEWA is right no one may know what he is up to. In any event without certainty of an addition to the fleet - FUTURE IS BLEAK in the short term - those stranded passengers cannot be happy bunnies.:suspect:

skygod
22nd Aug 2009, 21:36
Guys,
I think u all are getting the wrong info, b3 return the B767-200 to abu dhabi, Gamco for d checks, and have replaced them with 300s ex gulf air. Bellview will never go bankrupt, the might slow down for a bit, but the game between odukoya, and NCAA continues.
Im ex B3, like Kayode odukoya always says, ITS A LONG RACE< AND WERE STILL IN THE GYM> The guy simply never gives up.
Dont waste ur time talking about B3 because nothing changes in B3. Bellview is a "Way Of Life" not a job, u either accept it or jump off the ship.
Kudos, to all those flying there. The word "NO" doesnt exist in b3.....I think this gives u guys a brief idea, about B3, so dont waste ur time and effort,on this forum............Happy Landings fellas......

Skygod from the southern desert..........:D

atedo
24th Aug 2009, 09:51
but the game between odukoya, and NCAA continues.
ITS A LONG RACE< AND WERE STILL IN THE GYM>

SkyGod you are a true son.

All ex B3 knows this, Oduks knows the govt agencies like the back of his hands and also the terrain here. He never gives up; very courageous and gets what he wants.

B3 will always be around; but I do not envy the Human Management there.

SalesConsult
24th Aug 2009, 10:31
Bellview will never go bankrupt, the might slow down for a bit, but the game between odukoya, and NCAA continues.

The guy simply never gives up.

No pro is happy for any airline venture to go down but what is interesting about the above quotes - Never say Never - especially if another supporter of B3 says -

Oduks knows the govt agencies like the back of his hands and also the terrain here. He never gives up; very courageous and gets what he wants.

B3 might after all be at the mercy of the whims and caprices of the NCAA and the more reason why one would not envy the Human Management there..

Please will someone help with the fate of stranded pax???

Capetonian
24th Aug 2009, 10:49
Their LHR and Abuja services are still displayed and saleable in the GDSs.

Rani
24th Aug 2009, 11:11
Someone care to explain why Bellview's failures are never reported in the local media while aborted takeoffs of Virgin, Arik, etc. are all reported as "near death experiences" ?!

By failures I mean hundreds of stranded passengers, and thousands facing inconvenience and travel planning confusion! Not to mention their appalling inflight services.

Someone at Bellview PR (I recall a Mr. Habib Mohammed) must be a really well paid man!

flareout BC
24th Aug 2009, 11:18
It's 2009 but we're nevertheless learnin' still. They talk of re-branding Nigeria, but this company operates smack under their noses and gets away with this? In other parts of Mother Africa, they help define international standards. And to think we've cleared b3 to fly America.

elpilotofrances
24th Aug 2009, 20:51
yeterday 23 the LHR LOS was canceled ( and certainly the LOS LHR ! )

Hussar 54
24th Aug 2009, 21:30
No surprise, is it ? Let's see....

The London route - take your pick from BA or Arik or Bellview...It's a no-brainer, really....You'd have to be really, really, really short of cash or intelligence not to choose one of the first two...

And domestic - the main route here is Lagos / Abuja....So choose from Virgin, Aero or Arik ( all with reasonably modern and new equipment, good engineering facilities and partners, lots of foreign crews and management ) or....erm...Bellview with 30 year old 737-2's and Nigerian attitude....

Although there are typically Nigerian huge egos, politics, bluff, blackmail and bullsh*t involved, from all sides, I rest my case purely on commercial terms....The surprise shouldn't be Bellview's sudden demise, but the fact that this didn't happen 18 months ago....

Hard luck for the ( exceedingly !! ) hard working and, for the most part, excellent local crews at Blue Tail, but look around you at what could and should be in a market full of oil industry ex-pats and expenses rich government politicos - and if the merde really does hit the fan, you shouldn't be out of work for too long....

MELDreamer
25th Aug 2009, 08:06
The Egyptian registered B757 positioned into LHR from Italy around midnight last night (Monday) and departed at 0216L Tuesday Aug25th as Bellview 283.
Track Flight Status for (B3) Bellview Airlines 283 (http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?airline=%28B3%29+Bellview+Airlines&flightNumber=283&departureDate=2009-08-24&x=34&y=9)

I believe another (Italian registered) 757 operating flight 282 LOS-LHR Aug22nd diverted into Verona and until last night, there has not been a Bellview flight into London since then.

explanethings

SalesConsult
25th Aug 2009, 10:42
MELDreamer thanks for info

hotmj43
27th Aug 2009, 20:12
RANI...........MR HABIB MOHAMMED........IS THE ONE AND ONLY Kayode Odukoya, so he is a rich man.

elpilotofrances
31st Aug 2009, 12:43
come back
with a 757 ( portuguese registration , not Hifly ) flying yesterday and as far as I know flying every days ..... ( just flight deck crew )

parisjet
31st Aug 2009, 17:04
Bellview hasn't gone, they're awaiting several types to arrive, namely the A320, CRJ's, and I think some newer B767. Was speaking to the Chief Pilot the other day.

Rani
31st Aug 2009, 17:23
Don't mean to be cynical (maybe I do :E) but...hahaha..haha...hiii.

SalesConsult
31st Aug 2009, 18:46
Bellview hasn't gone, they're awaiting several types to arrive, namely the A320, CRJ's, and I think some newer B767. Was speaking to the Chief Pilot the other day.

It seems they are taking the 'mickey'. There are more problems behind than awaiting

elpilotofrances
31st Aug 2009, 20:40
The portuguese company have one 757 and one 767
maybe the plane chief pilot is waiting for...

LOS
1st Sep 2009, 13:01
The B757 is wet leased from Euro Atlantic.

LOS
3rd Sep 2009, 19:12
Bellview suspended all its domestic and international flights as of today. Hundreds op passengers have been stranded.

Also Arik seems to be out of cash to pay for jet fuel, may be related to the banking crisis. Lots of delays and shouting yesterday.

SalesConsult
3rd Sep 2009, 21:40
LOS now says
Bellview suspended all its domestic and international flights as of today. Hundreds op passengers have been stranded.

But parisjet thinks

SalesConsult says
It seems they are taking the 'mickey'. There are more problems behind than awaiting

There is more to this - this will be the toughest challenge yet for the political Kayode Odukoya with this smell of serious danger - I wish all the drivers and staff luck.:sad:

SC

Topswitch
11th Sep 2009, 22:31
B727-200 ex Dan-Air & Pan Am based in Los

silent knight
28th Nov 2009, 19:18
Any news on b3 767-300er?:ok:

parisjet
28th Nov 2009, 19:20
Well just wait and see!

atedo
29th Nov 2009, 13:42
The equipment is in LON ex Gulf Air metal.:D

Acft is now in B3 blue tail livery.....I hear tech issues is delaying delivery to LOS. :ugh:EIS of the equipment still in doubt but B3 sales promo for Jeddah and LHR still ongoing.

DA-10mm
30th Nov 2009, 03:56
good...
they were scary to share airspace with.