PDA

View Full Version : Question to Mods: which forum?

grrowler
17th Aug 2009, 23:19
I have noticed in the last few days several airline (I thought) threads being moved to GA and Questions. eg: Qantas Group Unity, CCQ @ Qlink and the one about no movement between Q Group company's for employees (now vanished).

I was just hoping to get some clarification on the criteria you all use to determine where to put the threads, so I save you having to move my threads when I put them in the wrong spot.

cheers:ok:

spirax
18th Aug 2009, 01:50
Sorry guys! But I share the same frustration, which I see as a lack of standardisation issue. The Mods do a good job without much thanks, but this one really should be sorted out - especially in an aviation world where standardisation is belted into us from day one!

I believe it is approprite that anything to do with the airlines (ie: RPT >5700kg) is best placed in Reporting points as per the definitions previously published.

Broadly speaking if it does not relate to airlines then the GA & Questions would normally be more appropriate. Why posts associated with Qlink and Qantas go to the GA is beyond me!!!!

:confused::confused:

spirax
20th Aug 2009, 07:20
Dear Moderators, I know you do this on the side so to speak, however a polite request on a subject which is obviously a mystery to many of us would I suggest demand the courtesy of a response. Over!

Tidbinbilla
20th Aug 2009, 10:13
Generally, if the thread is news on any airline, it goes in R&N. If it's a question about T&C's, recruiting or general chaff etc, it goes in GA and Questions even if it's airline related. The whole idea is to keep R&N dedicated to airline related rumours and news.

Airspace is judged on merit and its effect on airlines, and placed accordingly.

Qantas cabin crew (which we inherited) is looked at in its relevance to the whole crew (including pilots), and if not deemed relevant, is removed from these forums.

Threads that turn into personal jibes, wankfests or massive thread drifts are either deleted or sent to Jet Blast.

Generally, most threads originate in the appropriate forum. Occasionally they don't. There are a number of moderators here, who use their discretion on where they think threads should go. We like to think that we get it right most of the time.:)

Hope this helps.

TID

P.S. Spirax, we all have regular jobs, so if you don't get a quick response it usually means we are out earning our daily bread.

Peter Fanelli
20th Aug 2009, 10:29
We like to think that we get it right most of the time.
You don't.

Still, I guess two out of three ain't bad.

I fail to see why any post regarding QANTAS which happens to contain a question mark is deemed to belong in the GA forum. Maybe there would be a lot less dissent here if the two forums were retitled, simply RPT and GA. As for the QF trolly dolly drivel just delete it when it appears, this is after all a pilots forum is it not?

grrowler
20th Aug 2009, 12:12
Thank you for your reply Tidbinbilla, that was pretty much as I thought. Just seemed like someone had discovered the "move thread" button a couple of days ago - still don't follow how eg. the Qantas Group Unity thread isn't news relating to an airline, but hey, it's your train set.:ok:

spirax
21st Aug 2009, 03:46
Tailwheel... thanks for your response... appreciated.

I do believe that there have been some moves of late which are difficult to understand - Qantas unity and QantasLink CCQ being two of late. Both in my mind should never have been moved.

Maybe a good idea might be for the mod that moves a thread to make an entry as why so... that would help put out any brush fires...... and help us understand the logic behind same.

cheers

ps... yes, appreciate the time and work factors ... keep up the good work

tail wheel
21st Aug 2009, 06:49
Tailwheel... thanks for your response... appreciated.

Thanks for the "thanks" but I don't thunk I said anything! :}

In addition to Tids comments above, we do have some concern that every minor happening even romotely related to Qantas seems to end up in a new thread. As a result, most of the Forum threads relate to Qantas - there are other airlines in Australia - and many on similar topics should be merged.

At one stage there were four or five current threads, all relative to QF CC rosters, T&Cs etc, all of which should have been contained in one thread.

Much Ado
21st Aug 2009, 07:30
Ummmm...what was the question?:E

grrowler
21st Aug 2009, 10:08
Ummmm...what was the question? Hmmm true, I didn't put in a question mark - perhaps this should be moved to reporting points....:8:E

spirax
21st Aug 2009, 22:51
Tailwheel, Tid, Muchado...

Thanks for your input. It is a difficult issue from time to time I am sure. Good to see the Qlink CCQ moved again.... well done!:D

Off b4 I have another "seniors moment" !!:confused:

Flintstone
22nd Aug 2009, 00:20
:
We like to think that we get it right most of the time.

You don't.

Welll, you get that. Of course you always have the other option if you don't like the way the place is run. The little white cross in the red box up there ^

:rolleyes:

Peter Fanelli
23rd Aug 2009, 14:04
Well there's a classic example, the notice re Frank Ball, a very prominent player in the Australian airline scene gets bumped to the GA forum and a thread concerning an air france jet falling in the Atlantic stays in the Australian,NZ and pacific RPT forum.

Tee Emm
23rd Aug 2009, 14:16
Well there's a classic example, the notice re Frank Ball, a very prominent player in the Australian airline scene gets bumped to the GA

A few days ago someone put a question on GA light aircraft downwind checks in Tech Log. Then the thread vanished. Certainly the subject was not appropriate to Tech Log, but it was an innocent thread and it disappears.