PDA

View Full Version : Qatar First officer Interview

manazir66
17th Aug 2009, 16:40
Hello...

Just wondering if I can get some gouge on qatar interview.

Thank you

squissh
17th Aug 2009, 19:46
[email protected]

Please count me in.
I was using the search function, but couldnt find anything regarding the interview ... I might have overseen it.

Thank you for every little help.

K.Whyjelly
19th Aug 2009, 15:08
A little bit of research by you boys, in the Middle East forum, which is full of hot poop on Qatar would have yielded a mass of info. There's a lot of stuff to read so you can do it all by yourselves and be grown up, responsible adults and not spoon fed at every step...........:hmm:. As a taster try this:

Fellow pilots greedings from Doha. Just finished day 1 of the interview. I am suprised to say that they are asking very very basic questions.
there is a written test, a personality test and a personal interview froma panel of 3.
Written test Q's.
Altimeter settings and how weather affects it.
ICAO Holding Speeds.
Describe what is a dutch roll.
what makes a good captain, good F/O
When do you use anti-ice
what is the sqawk code for threat in the airplane.

Now on the personal interview it last about 10-12 min.
First they want to know about you, if you have a bond with your current company and why Qatar.

then they will give you senarios such as:
On T.O and while on high speed, you realize your tires are deflated. what do you do and how does it afect the braking performance.

if you have a bomb on the Airplane what do you do.They ask me if i had a bomb immidiate action item in my company which i don't. It has to do with time and pressure.

what is the definition of safe take off distance.

thats about 90% of the questions.
Laid back and i think they need people so they are very elastic. They will emphasise that there is no commuting and that the are not planning to have any other bases exept from Doha. i will let you know about the sim ride tommorow

and

All succesfull candidates that we passed Day 1 we were invited for the A320 sim evaluation.
The hotel car picked us up and in about 10 minutes ride we were at the Qatar Sim Center. We wated for about 45 min in the lobby and then one of their Captain ( who by the way recently had done A380 training) took us in a briefing room and gave us a briefing for about 30 min.

A320 sim is very sensitive and for pilots like me that haven't flown stick it was a little challenging.
So here is the profile, very straight forward.

T.O RWY 34 Doha, right turn for downwind, make sure flaps are 1 by the time you are abeam the threshold and then start the time. 45 sec go by turn right base and flaps 2. By the time you level you set flaps 3 and turn final. once on final it's up to you if you want to put the gear down or wait to get closer.Very important, they want you to be stable by 1000'ft. If not GO AROUND.

then they will reposition you to the rwy CAT 1 weather and will give you a V1 cut, vector you for the ILS which of course the weather drops below min so you can do a Single engine Go Around come back and fly a single engine non-precision app and land.

Overall, laid back they are looking for basic skills follow SOP of your current company brief everything andbe proffessional. The use of AutoPilot is not allowed for the visual circuit but its allowed on the single engine stuff. The check Airman will disconnect the AP once you are getting established on the App. Also on the V1 cut make sure you use rudder trim so the AP can be engadged.

Thats it and now the beaty of waiting for 3-4 weeks for the results.

Take care and hope it helps

maverick_supersonic
20th Aug 2009, 01:52
Fantastic post K.Whyjelly! What aircraft did you fly previously? (just out of curiosity)

squissh
20th Aug 2009, 10:51
Thank you so much for all the great post K.Whyjelly.
I hope to succeed with the 320, since I have always been a Yokeflyer aswell.

Wish you the best of luck!

K.Whyjelly
20th Aug 2009, 21:24
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify that the post above with all the interview details is not mine but was found after a little bit of research in the Middle East forum in the 'All you need to Know about Qatar Airways section'

There is a lot of petty stuff to trawl through but there are some gems in amongst the niff naff and trivia.......enjoy the reading!!

I don't work for Qatar (although I admit to having looked into the possibility) and currently operate A330 in the UK.

Best of luck in your research...

grrowler
20th Aug 2009, 21:32
Hey mav and squissh, good luck with your verbal reasoning tests:rolleyes:

bumba
9th Feb 2010, 14:07
... any latest information?

OMDB30R
9th Feb 2010, 14:15
I did the interview and assess last Dec, and can confirm its pretty much bang on to what k.whyjelly, posted.

Brush up on your ATPL basics and how to decode SNOWTAM.

Good luck and enjoy!!

bumba
9th Feb 2010, 14:18
30R thanks!