PDA

View Full Version : Permit to Fly exemptions for Jersey and Guernsey

DaveW
15th Aug 2009, 19:39
Good news. derekf on the Flyer forum has kindly highlighted that the Director of Civil Aviation for Jersey and Guernsey has has issued exemptions to the Jersey and Guernsey ANOs to permit flight within Jersey and Guernsey airspace by UK registered aircraft in respect of which a national permit to fly is in force. This is effective from 14 August 2009.

See Jersey Aero Club - Permit to Fly Exemptions for Jersey and Guernsey (http://www.jerseyaeroclub.com/content/view/213/2/) for more details and the exemption docs themselves.

This covers Alderney as well, as it is within Bailiwick of Guernsey airspace.

derekf suggests that NPPL exemptions may be next.

steveking
15th Aug 2009, 21:30
Excellent stuff.:)

OA32
16th Aug 2009, 21:49
That will make life slightly easier for Air Traffic although many more come from Europe. Regarding NPPL exemption that is going to be slightly trickier for a couple of reasons.

1. I think the French need to be consulted as a majority portion of the airspace is within the French FIR and is delegated to Jersey under a contract.

2. As a result of the above wouldn't the CAA also have to give an exemption as the NPPL only allows for flight in UK airspace? When you fly to the Channel Islands you are crossing an International Boundary regardless of who controls the airspace.

steveking
16th Aug 2009, 22:00
It wasn't too much of an issue before I just had to fax my aircraft docs over and they gave me a blanket permission for the summer. I suppose it will save them work as well with permission letters. Good news though another step foward for permit aircraft.