PDA

View Full Version : GF Rolling Roster shambles

Dessert Aviator
15th Aug 2009, 09:28
I am now over 103 hrs for the month of August !! Every change is followed up by a couple of standby's followed by a change followed by more standby, you get the picture !! so you end end up with a reserve line in effect and called out for all the crap that the mafia won't touch.:mad:

Anyone experiencing the same ??:suspect:

CDRW
16th Aug 2009, 22:11
Yep I did - for 10 yrs plus in the 90's - and have been out the company for quite a few years.

Yo767
17th Aug 2009, 07:35
Get in the mafia boy!

brassplate
17th Aug 2009, 21:00
what i don't understand is why they are changing a330 flights for a340s when they are not even filling the a340. meanwhile, the a330 pilots are losing work to an average of 50-60 hours while the duel rated guys are getting overtime.

Mephistopheles
17th Aug 2009, 21:41
Why don't you ask Antoine since he's the big brain that rosters his buddies the prime blocks & shovels the rest of the crap our way.

brassplate
17th Aug 2009, 22:01
i was not going to mention names but since you've mentioned it,

ANTOINE, YOUR ACTIONS OF FAVOURITISM ARE BLATANT AND PILOTS AND GF ALIKE STANDS TO LOSE FROM YOUR ACTIONS, YOU AND YOUR MAFIA BUDDIES.

why aren't 340s going full on flights originally designated for 330s which would have been near full? is it beyond you to know that seat mile costs are far less for the 330? it makes costs savings from starting up apus at the gate completely stupid. actually, even that policy is completely stupid to start of with.

Duh
18th Aug 2009, 06:38
From what I've been told, this Antoine guy took over when our guy left GF. Mind you our guy is no genious either(corrupt as they say). But why or how would the head of crew scheduling have the ability to swap aircraft. Isn't that marketing or some other area. On a side note, I find it BIZARRE to say the least that some crew fly 90 hours a month and others 40. Looks like pouring money and efficiencies(and common sense) down the drain is common in the gulf. :}

Not Gulfair CEO
18th Aug 2009, 07:18
No its not Antoine who is changing the type of airplane but he has the power to stop these department from doing this from time to time on the bases of disruption, lack of man power, training requirements(as he did couple of time).He is not incharge of looking after the load. As for as the favourtism goes he is not as bad as those working directly under him but he is aware of all this corruption and not doing any thing about it makes him guilty too.
Mephistopeles please avoid using names in future.

Duh
18th Aug 2009, 10:20
If your reading and comprehending the thread, you'll see that it wasn't Brass who through the name out. :}

ironbutt57
18th Aug 2009, 10:55
I feel compelled to reply..Antoine and his crew have no choice but to react to the needs of the requirements of the commercial dept....who at the end of the day fulfill the needs of our passengers..it's purely "knee jerk" reaction..trust me..

Yo767
18th Aug 2009, 11:13
For those who are all excited when doing overtime

I would like once again to invite you to take your calculator and perform this following operation:

1- Divide your basic salary (the amount you are paid for 75 hrs block time) by 75. That will give you your hourly basic pay.

2- Compare this amount with what you get for overtime by hour (Capt= 30BD, FO= 20BD)

You will find out that your work for no more than 66% of your basic salary when on overtime.

Why are you guys so happy to do overtime?
I really don't know.

tristarfivestar
18th Aug 2009, 12:25
i was surprised when they gave me a letter asking me to start going on vacation because there are a lot of over time on me!

DesertHawk
18th Aug 2009, 14:58
Antoine is not tottally to blame. He tries his best and does what he can do with what he has got. Fact is there is no prcedure and policies in any department to coordinate so wew end up getting F@#ed. Antoine is not trying to favor he is trying to keep his head above water!!!!

ShirleyNot
18th Aug 2009, 16:51
Yeah but if he could just get a chip on his other shoulder he'd be well balanced.

Not Gulfair CEO
18th Aug 2009, 18:43
Tristar, Is this over time is on Auto Rickshaw or Bicycle?

billy34-kit
18th Aug 2009, 22:55
Things never change!

Seeking for a answer about those dude who get excited with overtime......just look their background ''culture and the perpetuel lack of $$$$$$'' and you will get your answer....simple as that.

Mephistopheles
18th Aug 2009, 23:38
What an enigma! I guess all the guys that are jumping to our rostering managers aid (Antoine, if you don't know) are very happy boating with him & planning their rosters on Jaradah! Any takers?

brassplate
19th Aug 2009, 00:33
just another boys club, really.

Antoine is not tottally to blame.

...react to the needs of the requirements of the commercial dept..

you are right. mostly to be blamed, but not totally.
his friends at commercial are the other chunk of the blame. crying over our fuel carriage yet their commercial ineptitude causes the greatest portion of gf's lack of financial performance.

ironbutt57
19th Aug 2009, 01:52
Well if MY roster was planned on Jarada, then I'd start boating somewhere else..have a look at it sometime..

brassplate
19th Aug 2009, 03:37
you don't count, you're a trainer.

sondbird101
19th Aug 2009, 19:25
rostering can't please everyone. but dam glad to see the back of him sometime soon. what will his replacement do? flush the place and start over

DesertHawk
19th Aug 2009, 20:12
i think we just will see more of the same. real problems are imo

1. lack of management leadership- and that pretty much sums it all up. Everyone blames the Head of Crew. Well the past 2 have all been crusified. I am not saying they are perfect. Realistically the SYSTEM has to change. What is expected of people needs to change. Rostering has always been treated as a secondary issue cause GF management are crisis managers and have no ability set PROCEDURES in place for cross communication between OPS areas. No one is willing to take a look at the big picture and realize happy employees are more productive. It is very sad to watch the same thing happen over and over and everyone makes their own excuses.

fatiguedpilot
19th Aug 2009, 22:30
MY god i thought i was reading a gutter airways thread, feel sorry for you guys and girls, seems your having the same probs as us. wait for the upturn, mass exodus on the horizon.

parabellum
20th Aug 2009, 00:07
wait for the upturn, mass exodus on the horizon.

Do you really think so fatiguedpilot? This has happened before and it has usually been a case of musical chairs, people moving to the apparently greener grass. The companies love it as it means they get a whole new bunch of experienced pilots all starting on the lowest rung of the salary ladder and lose a similar bunch who are further up! Who is the winner then?

brassplate
20th Aug 2009, 03:12
cross train the big bus guys on both 330s and 340s.

ironbutt57
20th Aug 2009, 04:04
Big bus ccq is in progress as we speak...

Sal-e
20th Aug 2009, 05:10
Brassplate, rostering hasn't changed since I arrived here three years ago and many more years for others. Live around it and get used to it, mate. Many have and still enjoy a reasonable lifestyle.