PDA

View Full Version : Grade 3 Instructor Jobs

Mr Irons
15th Aug 2009, 05:22
Does anyone know of any company hiring or thinking of hiring in the coming months, grade 3 instructors? I have recently completed my rating and I'm not having any luck finding a job. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Aussie
15th Aug 2009, 12:11
how quick the times have turned. Its seems only months ago they were crying for instructors of all grades... :{

Mr Irons
17th Aug 2009, 08:06
Downunderer, I thought I would be increasing my chances of getting a job by doing the rating as it would open up the grade 3 positions but I'm shocked at how quickly they have disappeared too. I'm trying to put as many sticks in the fire as I can to get something happening but the signs arn't looking good. I'm hoping that someone who has heard of a company putting people on even if its just a rumor replies so I can chase it up.

The Green Goblin
17th Aug 2009, 08:23
If you were silly enough to pay the money, you should have been silly enough to make sure you had work at the particular company before parting with it :)

das Uber Soldat
17th Aug 2009, 08:31
oh, thats helpful. :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
17th Aug 2009, 08:59
oh, thats helpful.

Every other instructor did the same thing including myself :cool:

Hang in there, work will come if you're patient. Perhaps time to do a CIR and do it at a flying school that will give you work as a grade 3?

Worth using all your eggs that are in the one basket :{

Oz Vegemite
17th Aug 2009, 10:17
Guys and Gals, yes I agree the market place is much more difficult now than it was a few months ago, and when you don't have much (or any) experience it is difficult. But this means it is all the more important to see what else you can offer a prospective employer - do you have some admin skills, can you speak another language, do you have superior computer skills etc., things like customer service experience are invaluabe. Make sure you include these details in your covering letter. And most important of all make sure that you have a professional well set out resume, ideally keep it to a page with all the pertinent information clearly detailed. Then in the covering letter expand on your "other skills" remember you are a Grade 3 you are limited in what you can do, so you won't be flying all the time. Sometimes your "other skills" can make the difference in getting that first instructional job.

If all else fails approach a good and reputable flying school in your local area and ask if you can bring your own students to the school. Then network like crazy get yourself a couple of students and show by your behaviour and professionalism at the school what a good instructor you are, and you will find that your bookings will start to increase and you will have found that first elusive job.

Good luck and don't give up, there is work out there.

OZ

Dubya
17th Aug 2009, 10:39
I was in your shoes not so long ago.

I got off my butt and found 27 students in 7 days.....

My motivation.....I had rent to pay and 5 mouths to feed.

Get motivated......:ugh:

slowbus
17th Aug 2009, 15:25
Just hang in there guys. Knock over some ATPLs while you're looking around. You will be thanking yourselves in the future for getting those exams done early in your career, if that's where you'd eventually wanted to go.

ReverseFlight
17th Aug 2009, 15:57
And add IREX to slowbus's shopping list, if you haven't got that nailed already.

pilotshorvath
18th Aug 2009, 11:51
Hey,

I know that some airlines have Cadet Schools in Australia, or have contracts with flying schools. Usually because they have large crewing requirements, Chinese Airlines have lots of students/cadets, all the time.

Try China Southern or Singapore at Jandakot, and there is also a flying school in the Gold Coast that has a rather large Asian Contract.

There are probably more contracts around too, and others may be able to add to the above suggestions.

Good Luck!

training wheels
18th Aug 2009, 11:55
Didn't MFTA advertise for grade 3 instructors last June? Check out their website;

MFTA HOME (http://www.mfta.net.au)