PDA

View Full Version : DGCA - Medicals

aviator_hyd
14th Aug 2009, 07:33
Hello people. I was looking to get my Class One Medical (DGCA) done. Could someone please let me know about the whole process in detail.

dgtl887
14th Aug 2009, 10:37
Go to the DGCA website to get the Class I medical centres. Either give them a call or submit the form available on the DGCA website to get a date.

If you clear the medical (it takes 2-3 days), you'll get a CA-35 form, which you'll have to submit to DGCA at the time of application (for the license).

aviator_hyd
16th Aug 2009, 06:42
hey can you please check your inbox

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 06:30
I'm a pretty healthy individual. My medical is Sept 30th. Im like 70 kgs and about 5'10..not fat...pretty muscular actually.

Anyway, wondering any tips to passing the medical....anything i Shouldn't eat...i'm laying of liqour for the month and trying to each healthy. I don't smoke or anything so, any tips would be great!

Also, I'm doing it at nanavati hospital, it'll take three days and then I can go do my flight training for the conversion and take the conversion flight test? I've got all my exams/radio license done.

a007a2329
27th Aug 2009, 06:49
dude... i have done medical a month back from MAX HEALTH CARE Delhi.. u need not to worry much about your weight ... just check your BMI (Body Mass Index).. it will tell you your weight is according to your height or not...it if is k than just go for your medical,,,if it is not k,,,you have to face some extra test that might create some problem,,,,other wise Medical is very simple .. if u have done your class 2 well no need to worry....!!!! :ok:

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 07:27
I passed my class 2...my BMI is like 25.1, but I think i'm like 15% body fat. I work out a ton, but some guy one time at max delhi told me i needed to lose weight! I mean i could lose 5% of my body I guess, I can't really lose my muscle...

a007a2329
27th Aug 2009, 08:09
buddy ... i cant really tell you all the condition ... even i was little overweight when i done me medical,,, actually i save by just 0.3 % .. and the guy over there who is helping me in my medical told me that if my limit was exceed i might b in trouble ,,, there is lots of other test for over weight persons.. even u have to pay extra for all that test....

aviator_hyd
27th Aug 2009, 09:47
Well here is something that could possibly be useful for people who are over the allowed limitation on the weight for the DGCA medicals.

http://dgca.nic.in/aic/aic09_08.pdf - READ THE LAST PAGE.

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 09:55
so by those standards, I'm overweight haha, not obeese. Maybe I'll drop 10 lbs before i go for my medical!

aviator_hyd
27th Aug 2009, 11:03
Well according to the circular they say that crew being overweight is not an issue for the regulatory body but more of an issue for the operator/employer who would be hiring the personnel.

A person can be overweight or obese but we cannot define it as unfit, until and unless he/she cannot perform all the duties that a crew member is suppose to perform, the only difference here is that he/she is more "PRONE" to different type of dieseases(heart dieseases/diabetes/high cholesterol/fatty liver.etc) than a person who falls under normal weight category.

So to keep a check on the chances of you developing those diseases people who are overweight/obese are required to get some extra tests(blood sugar/waist to hip ratio/ lipid profile) done from time to time (once every 2 years/ annually/bi-annually) depending upon their level of obesity.

jetzup
27th Aug 2009, 14:15
@ ABCD Pilot
seen some of your posts, you mentioned that you had a DGCA CPL already, and basically desperately looking for work in the airlines in India, and you just did class 2 medicals?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

Don't worry about the weight part, they will easily pass off over 10-15 kgs overweight in the initial first class medical, but with a recommendation that you should lose weight by.....kgs (filled in) on the form. I've seen that on a friend's medical.

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 19:05
OKay I don't have my DGCA license, but I have everything done RT/Exams.

I just gotta get signed off and do my medical that's all. So while I don't have my CPL in hand, I have all the other required stuff.