PDA

View Full Version : SA nat parks pilot job

on fire
13th Aug 2009, 14:23
Oh my god has anyone else seen this on the SA gov website, national parks are looking for a new driver for their 206, i think their minimums are a little high

Current Australian Commercial Pilots Licence or higher
Minimum of 3000 hours as a Pilot in Command with 500 hours in a Cessna 206 or similar.
Current Command Instrument Rating, with at least five (5) Command Instrument Rating renewals.
Current CASA Class 1 Medical Certificate
Current “C” Class Drivers Licenceall for the great pay level of ops 5 which is 58K a year and you get tyo live in beautiful port a gutta :ok:

muddergoose
13th Aug 2009, 22:24
Probably high minimums to put it out of the reach of everyone so incumbent can reclaim the position. It is just part of the process to advertise position to satisfy government rules.

Brian Abraham
14th Aug 2009, 04:03
incumbent can reclaim the position
Nope, he's hanging up his spurs.

compressor stall
14th Aug 2009, 05:03
Don't forget that some gov't jobs allow generous addons - the equivalent package may be much more than 58K.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
14th Aug 2009, 09:02
..........:yuk:

Natit
14th Aug 2009, 09:23
Is this for VH-OBD?? Usually hear it heading into YPAG IFR..

dik cheney
14th Aug 2009, 10:01
With minimums like that for a C206 driver their insurance provider probably has to pay them

training wheels
14th Aug 2009, 12:09
What sort of operations do they fly asking those sort of hours? Or is it a case of not wanting hour builders but someone old and crusty for job stability?

A37575
14th Aug 2009, 13:46
Minimum of 3000 hours as a Pilot in Command with 500 hours in a Cessna 206 or similar

An ambit claim, perhaps. The 3000 hours is obviously a typo, with 300 hours PIC as more likely. Even that is a gross exaggeration for someone needed to fly a battered C206.

dreamjob
14th Aug 2009, 20:13
But 5 (five) renewals?

Desert Flower
15th Aug 2009, 00:17
Even that is a gross exaggeration for someone needed to fly a battered C206.

A "battered" 206 it certainly isn't - it's a brand new one less than 12 months old.

DF.

Yak_slapper
15th Aug 2009, 00:39
Low flying endo required as well, sounds like a pretty varied and interesting job.

Reads more like a CP postion.

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/deh/pdfs/jobs/ops5-senior-pilot-jp.pdf

The Green Goblin
15th Aug 2009, 02:27
I'm sure someone with 5 renewals will have their sights on something a little more complex than a 206.

What is the pay like? if its up around the 75k mark they may attract someone who does not want the responsiblity of a regional.

solowflyer
15th Aug 2009, 02:48
Having worked for the Government befor this would be a cushy job that you can retire on. Just remember weekends and public holidays off no commercial pressures,good well looked after equipment and usually home every night etc plus as mentioned befor all the extra perks you get along the way. Probably not allot of hours but then again they don't want anyone that will disappear at the drop of the hat to jump in a jet.

Water Wings
15th Aug 2009, 02:53
Don't quite have 3000 hours but meet all the other requirements. As much as I liked the flying C206....ummm....asking a bit much I suspect.

Desert Flower
15th Aug 2009, 03:09
Just remember weekends and public holidays off no commercial pressures,good well looked after equipment and usually home every night etc plus as mentioned befor all the extra perks you get along the way. Probably not allot of hours

Weekends & public holidays off, usually home every night & not a lot of hours? You've got to be kidding! This aircraft has a well worn path in the sky from YPAG to YINN as well as other places. Hardly a day goes by that it's not up bush somewhere!

Nope, he's hanging up his spurs.

B A - correct! I spoke to R just a little while ago. He asked me what this retirement thing was like! :{

DF.

Brian Abraham
15th Aug 2009, 03:30
DF, truth is I was the one asking all the questions whilst he was quaffing lunch. Wouldn't mind the job at all if younger.

increasedescent
15th Aug 2009, 03:37
I'm with 'muddergoose', they probably have their sights set on somebody already and the advertisement its purely to meet government job requirements. I have a few mates that had to re-apply and be re-interviewed for government positions they held, even though it was obvious there was nobody to take their places.

ID

training wheels
15th Aug 2009, 03:39
I'm only 2600 hours, and 4 IR renewals short, but part from that, I have everything else! ;) But just out of interest, what type of operations do they fly? Single engine IFR?, so I guess it must be transporting cargo? Fertiliser perhaps?

Metro man
15th Aug 2009, 04:51
They wouldn't be able to state an age limit as this is illegal. Obviously they are looking for an older, stable pilot who is happy to potter around in a 206 for a reasonable salary, government perks and job security.

They appear not to want new CPL hour builders who will be updating their resumes with twin operators as soon as they start, and gone within 12-18 months. Not being subject to commercial pressures they can afford a more mature and experienced operator and not have to deal with the sort of issues attached to youngsters with 200 hours total time.

I wouldn't mind it myself if I was looking for a fill in job before retirement.:ok:

Stationair8
15th Aug 2009, 05:55
If it was to fly the a brand new C207 and live in Port Gutter, I would put an application in straightaway.

Wonder it didn't ask for at least two space shuttle flights in the last 35 days as well.

KRviator
15th Aug 2009, 12:09
Base pay of 58K to fly a 206? I suppose it is a "government job", but I'll stick to playing trains thanks and earn nearly double that...At least I have a dunny, hotplate and microwave.:}

Brian Abraham
16th Aug 2009, 02:24
increasedescent said
I'm with 'muddergoose'
I didn't think the wink and nod given by two other posters was that hard to interpret.

The Green Goblin
16th Aug 2009, 02:27
but I'll stick to playing trains thanks and earn nearly double that...At least I have a dunny, hotplate and microwave.

But no wings and the elements aloft. You'll be back :ok: