PDA

View Full Version : H300 vs. Enstrom

flying.eth
12th Aug 2009, 19:13
Hi,
We are looking at getting either a H300C or a an Enstrom. What are the Pros and cons to each. Planning on using it for a variety of things in Alaska, including some training for the 1 or 2 people. How do they compare performance-wise? Mx-wise?

Thanks

rotorboater
12th Aug 2009, 20:00
Both fairly similar performance (quite slow) and safe, Enstrom has a big luggage locker that can take a reasonable amount of stuff or two (actally can take 3 but your not supposed to carry over 50lbs ;)) 20 ltr jerry cans, that can make a big difference in range.
The Enstrom shark looks a lot better than a 300!

topendtorque
12th Aug 2009, 20:32
Why don't you step up to the turbine from either one of the stables that you mention?
performance, and most importantly cost stats, seem very impressive for a lightie turbine in each respect. does anyone know of any hidden defects from either and also is there a new Hughes turbine out soon?

haven't researched myself yet, just going on heresay around the traps.

I can't fathom why the enstrom 480 or piston for that matter has not been more widely used.
of course then there's the goat?????:confused:

pitot212
12th Aug 2009, 21:05
Both helicopters are slow, fuel hungry and great to fly. The real issue is maintenance! Enstrom's are very underpowered unless you get the Shark which has a turbo and this alone adds to the maintenance problems. The 300's do seem to go the distance in between 25 hour checks. There are more 300's than Enstroms so parts are easier to source.

chopjock
12th Aug 2009, 21:35
I've had my 280C shark for 15 years. Love it. never had any problems with the turbo. :ok: and it's for sale.:sad:

I fly the 300 too. Love them both.

The Enstrom is more spacous and a nice roomy comfortable cruiser. (85 mph)
The 300 has better performance but a little slower.

FLY 7
13th Aug 2009, 01:40
$ for $ I think I would choose a 300 or a 280 over the equivalent priced Robinson. But the precise model choice would depend on the intended uses and budget.