PDA

View Full Version : Djiboti Payscale

afjose
12th Aug 2009, 02:40
Hi Could Somebody Please Guide Me To What Is The Prevailing Payscale For A Caribuo Ch54 ''bufallo'' Capt. Position Based In Djiboti.:)

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Aug 2009, 12:29
If you've been offered the job you should have been told what the salary would be.

If you haven't been informed, perhaps they're not really worth working for.

If you're just fishing, continue twitching the lure. Doubtful you'll get a bite though.

Carrier
12th Aug 2009, 14:12
Is it a DHC4 Caribou de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-4_Caribou) or a DHC5 Buffalo de Havilland Canada DHC-5 Buffalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-5_Buffalo) that you are enquiring about? They are different aircraft. The earlier Caribou has radial piston engines and the Buffalo has turbo-props. The Buffalo is bigger than the Caribou. Performance and systems are different. Pay for the Buffalo should be higher than for the Caribou. Surely you know what you are going to be flying or are interested in flying?

afjose
13th Aug 2009, 01:16
yes it is caribuo radial piston14 cyl engine.the a/c is here in the far east and as soon as the iran gets done will fly it to africa and be based in djibouti.am not familiar with the prevailing pay scale around that area and this type of a/c.would you know ? please pm me thanks:)

afjose
13th Aug 2009, 01:22
yes it is caribuo radial piston14 cyl engine.the a/c is here in the far east and as soon as the iran gets done will fly it to africa and be based in djibouti.am not familiar with the prevailing pay scale around that area and this type of a/c.would you know ? please pm me thanks:)

Carrier
13th Aug 2009, 03:31
I have no idea what the going rate would be. I suggest you try and find out what DAC Aviation’s subsidiary, CMC Aviation in Kenya, pays its Buffalo pilots. The Caribou would logically be slightly less. If there is a big difference in cost of living between Nairobi and Djibouti then an adjustment could be expected. If you are going to be flying in some of the known hotspots in the Horn of Africa then the pay should be increased to reflect the added risk. Good luck!