PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 spam problem

FS-chick
12th Aug 2009, 01:52
This damn Rob Balsamo have spammed my mailbox.
What can i do make this idiot go away?

I'm keeping getting this pentagon flyover **** all the time.

AAAArgh...

11Fan
12th Aug 2009, 02:00
Depending on what type of e-mail service you are using, some have options to identify e-mails from sources as spam and they will either be discarded or sent to a spam folder where they can be easily discarded.

Also, on some spam, you may be able to have your name removed from distribution. Sometimes there is a note at the bottom to request to be removed.

Haven't seen what you are looking at so I don't know for sure but thought I would try to help.

Good luck.

11Fan

lomapaseo
12th Aug 2009, 02:22
I found that I had been added to a distribution list for similar spam E-mail Lists.

They all came from folks with good intentions but a mistaken belief that what interested them should be forwared as a religious fervour.

I was lucky in that some of them did remove my name as requested while others ignored my request.

Come to think of it most of these E-mail lists originate from Ex military pilots

MagnusP
12th Aug 2009, 08:03
Check their ISP from the full headers and report them to abuse@theirISP.

UniFoxOs
3rd Oct 2009, 08:28
FS-Chick - see if your email system can set an automatic forward followed by a delete on all messages from that source. Forward them to [email protected].

That's what I do.

Cheers
UFO

Mike-Bracknell
4th Oct 2009, 19:55
FS-Chick - see if your email system can set an automatic forward followed by a delete on all messages from that source. Forward them to http://www.pprune.org/?emailimage=f174cc157a6d16fe914aefc85fc8f5b1.

That's what I do.

Cheers
UFO...and get your own address marked as a spammer by Microsoft's own antispam methods. Clever guy :ugh:

Keef
4th Oct 2009, 23:04
Route incoming mail via Spamcop (or Gmail, or both).

Mark that sender as "Spammer" in your personal blacklist on Spamcop, and you'll never hear from him again.

OK, it's $30 a year, but it deals with the 300+ spams a day I get nowadays.