PDA

View Full Version : pilotwarehouse.co.uk

flyems
11th Aug 2009, 14:22
Is anyone else having trouble contacting them?

Anyone with news about them?

PM would be fine!

Rodent1982
11th Aug 2009, 15:08
I've used them once or twice. They didn't appear to have anything in stock and had a 1 week lead time for a DVD!

Last I remember I had trouble getting in touch with them aswell. I'd recommend flightstore they're quite switched on.

Not affiliated with flightstore, nor any financial gain in recommending them. Just never had any issues with them.

The Heff
11th Aug 2009, 17:32
I've used Pilot Warehouse a couple of times; the first time I used them it was to purchase a headset. I placed the order on the internet, but I didn't get any indication of when the item would arrive. Eventually I managed to reach them by telephone to find out that it was out-of-stock, but I was given a delivery date. The promise was actually kept, and also Pilot Warehouse offered the headset cheaper than anywhere else.

The second time I placed an order (online again) for the AFE VFR Flight Guide, so please imagine my surprise when the RapidFlight VFR Flight Guide arrived in the post! In fairness though I kept the RapidFlight version because it was cheaper and had all the information it it anyway, just smaller. Telephoned the shop and they gave a refund for the difference.

If you want a low price, go for Pilot Warehouse; but don't expect a trouble-free order. :sad:

julian_storey
20th Aug 2009, 22:53
Well I placed an order for a log book on the internet.

Two days later I was delighted when a package arrived. My delight dissipated quite rapidly though when I realised that they had sent the wrong log book!

I eventually got through to them on the telephone and spoke to a helpful sounding fellow who agreed to send me the RIGHT logbook and a postage paid envelope so that I could return the one sent in error.

One week on and no sign yet of the right logbook and they've not replied to my email! :*

Nearly There
21st Aug 2009, 08:46
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/358267-warning-do-not-order-pilotwarehouse-website.html

julian_storey
24th Aug 2009, 16:05
Well I've still not got my logbook and they've still not replied to my email or a further email sent.

I DID though manage to get through to them on the phone again today (they are almost always engaged). The guy I spoke to PROMISED that he would send the correct log book to me by first class post today. We'll see . . . .

youngskywalker
24th Aug 2009, 16:27
I see they havnt improved much then! I ordered a Leather licence holder from them about two years ago, they sent the wrong one, I called them and they apologised and said that they would pop the correct one in the post along with a postage paid jiffy bag to return the wrong one back to them...two days later a package arrived with a leather logbook cover and a jiffy bag! I gave up with them and in the end I just kept the logbook cover that I never actually ordered and the incorrect licence cover, I used the jiffy bag for something else. They didnt even bother contacting me to ask for them back. Lazy and inept which pretty much resembles the general attitude today in Blair/Browns Britain.

tuscan
24th Aug 2009, 20:20
I ordered a load of diaries for clients in Dec 2008, I will not be doing this again for 2010. No correspondance, nothing. I dont have time to chase them.:*:*

julian_storey
24th Aug 2009, 21:12
I suspect that these may well not be isolated incidents :\

Who knows what I will get from them in the morning!

julian_storey
25th Aug 2009, 09:47
Well actually, to my considerable surprise, I got the CORRECT log book from them in the post this morning and a postage paid jiffy bag in which to return the previously despatched wrong one.

If they'd done that a week and a half ago, I'd have probably carried on buying more stuff from them :ugh:

noblue
25th Aug 2009, 11:19
It took them months to supply me with a set of UK Jepp plates - admittedly at a good price.
Contacting them by phone was difficult but persistence paid off. They were unfailingly pleasant to speak to, just sadly totally not at the races. I won't risk ordering from them again.

I would be surprised of they were not aware of the many threads about them on various forums. Come on then guys, have the guts to answer your critics.

julian_storey
25th Aug 2009, 13:00
They were unfailingly pleasant to speak to, just sadly totally not at the races. I won't risk ordering from them again.

This is pretty much how I feel.

The guy I spoke to WAS unfailingly pleasant and I have finally got what I ordered, trouble is that I don't have enough spare time to be able to continually chase them up and I not done that, I suspect that I might still be waiting . . . . :confused:

singaporegirl
12th Aug 2010, 12:27
Another dissatisfied customer here (I should have checked online first). I ordered a Jeppesen trip kit on 5 July - the website said delivery was normally within 10 days. Three weeks later when I finally managed to get through on the phone (it was constantly engaged) I spoke to Chris, who said he'd chase and email me. I heard nothing. A week later I rang again, spoke to Chris again, who said he'd ring me back. Again, nothing.

So last Thursday I rang the Pilot Shop, and Peter Mundy confirmed that Jeppesen had installed a new computer and that there were delays in sending out charts - but even then it shouldn't take a month. I placed an online order, and the trip kit arrived on Tuesday - from the Netherlands!

I cancelled my order with Pilot Warehouse - at least they hadn't taken any money from my credit card. I can understand if there have been problems with Jeppesen - though other suppliers seem to manage. But not keeping promises to email or ring back is just appalling customer service.

Edited to add: Guess what - the kit from Pilot Warehouse has just arrived! And despite my cancellation email being sent on 4 August, I note that they debited my credit card on 9 August. Back to the phone... :ugh:

A and C
12th Aug 2010, 16:21
It is correct that Jepps are updating the computor system but they managed to get my last order out quite quickly.

I think when ordering any Jepp charts the best thing to do is to order direct from the jepp website.

singaporegirl
12th Aug 2010, 20:52
Thanks A and C - will know next time!

chumpitaz
13th Aug 2010, 12:28
I've had a nightmare trying to get some trip kits and now it looks as though next week's trip is in serious jeopardy- that bloke Chris from Pilot Warehouse seemed to be about the only guy who was able to do anything to help.....

Papa Mike Mike
14th Aug 2010, 14:18
I am new to the site and have just come across the pilot warehouse poor service.

I too have had very simialar experiences over the past 2 years concerning various orders, similar to other folk they are extremely apologetic and blame 3rd parties, chris is extremely reassuring but frankly this is not good enough when we hand over cash for goods and they fail to deliver.

It is time consuming to chase, I am happy to file a group claim against them for all parties who have not had goods delivered, please pm any details

flightranger
14th Aug 2010, 14:37
I ordered two PPL books over 3 weeks ago and still waiting... I have tried calling several times but nobody seems to answer...:mad:

I am really disappointed with they lack of any service!

singaporegirl
14th Aug 2010, 15:19
I did receive what I ordered, finally - only after I had cancelled the order in writing and after I had received the goods from another supplier! I am now chasing for a refund.

The relevant legislation is the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations (http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf). The guidance to traders from the Office of Fair Trading states:

A contract must be carried out within the time limits agreed with the consumer as stated in your terms and conditions. If no period has been agreed, the statutory time limit is 30 days from the day after the day the consumer sends the order to you.

If you cannot meet the 30 day deadline to deliver the goods or perform the service, you must inform the consumer before the expiry of the deadline. You and the consumer may agree a revised date for delivery of the goods or performance of the service. But the consumer does not have to agree to a revised date. If they do not agree to a revised date, the contract must be treated as if it had not been made, apart from any rights that the consumer has under it as the result of the non-performance.

If you are unable to meet the deadline and have not agreed an alternative delivery date with the consumer, you must refund all money paid in relation to the contract including the postage and packaging. The refund should be made as quickly as possible and within a maximum of 30 days.

If you have no luck and paid by credit card (over £100), under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act you are also able to claim a refund from your credit card company.

subsonicsubic
14th Aug 2010, 18:18
Why would you order from a UK based supplier in the first place? Chances are the stock will be dispatched from the US anyway.

I obtain all my goodies from pilotmall based in the US. I get a tracking number, immediate email response etc etc.

They sent me the wrong T-Shirt recently. They told me to keep it and sent the correct item FOC the next day...Turns out I liked the wrong one better!!!!

Best,

SSS

Jan Olieslagers
14th Aug 2010, 21:36
One reason for ordering from the UK rather than from the USA is complications with customs, import duties &C. I've heard nasty stories of people mail-ordering from the USA, then having to pay substantial import taxes. In one case, an import was refused as the goods were non-approved or some such rubbish.

From the European continent, I have repeatedly mail-ordered in the UK and never had any problem. When acquiring an Icom A6, I found the UK-prices so much lower as to even make good a ferry ticket for myself and my famous blue van - and had some fine CAMRA bitter as an extra reward (I was not flying solo, at that time - and crossing the English channel in an ultralight is not for a beginner pilot anyway)

742-xx
17th Dec 2010, 14:26
Has anybody had any dealings with Pilot Warehouse ?
I placed an order with them over a week ago and I've heard nothing.
I've emailed them, with no response, and tried the telephone number on their website but it's constantly engaged.
Very poor customer service.
Are they still trading ?
I'll stick with AFE / Transair / Flightstore in future.
If you're cinsidering them think again !!

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gif

airpolice
17th Dec 2010, 14:36
You may want to search on here before posting yet another thread on the same old topic.

I have been trying to raise them on the phone for months.

I keep hoping someone at RAF Halton will offer to pop round and ask the people at pilotwarehouse to play nice.

S-Works
17th Dec 2010, 14:40
Allegedly they have just gone bust.

airpolice
17th Dec 2010, 14:54
Oddly, this company own the domain name and a person I spoke to there claims to have no way of contacting them other than by the email and phone number on the website.

Domain name:
pilotwarehouse.co.uk

Registrant:
Ambrit Ltd

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 1802610)

Registrant's address:
102 High Street
Northchurch
Herts
HP4 3QN
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Ambrit Ltd [Tag = AMBRIT]
URL: Website Design Hertfordshire - Ambrit Web Design, Berkhamsted, UK (http://www.ambrit.co.uk/)

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-Jun-1999
Renewal date: 07-Jun-2011
Last updated: 05-Aug-2009

This next company was displved at the start of the year

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/wckimg/en/stdwc/spacer.gifhttp://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/wckimg/en/stdwc/spacer.gif

Name & Registered Office:
PILOT WAREHOUSE LIMITED
FARFIELD HOUSE CHESHAM ROAD
WIGGINTON
TRING
HERTFORDSHIRE
HP23 6JD
Company No. 06258417

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/wckimg/en/stdwc/spacer.gifhttp://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/wckimg/en/stdwc/spacer.gifhttp://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/wckimg/en/stdwc/spacer.gifStatus: Dissolved 05/01/2010
Date of Incorporation: 24/05/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

I am stil looking into this.

742-xx
17th Dec 2010, 15:20
All very worrying.

I'll contact my credit card company and explain it to them.

Why the hell is the website still running and taking peoples details ?

airpolice
17th Dec 2010, 20:57
On the 23 December 2005 Christopher Jolliffe, born 1st October 1952, a director of Pilot Warehouse, bought the property at Chesham Road in Tring for £805,000 so he did at one point have some money.

Penelope Jolliffe, born 12th March 1962, also a director of the company, gave the same address. They may or may not still be there.

I am waiting for the results of an enquiry into which other companies they might be directors of. The fax number listed for pilotwarehouse is in a different area code and is answered by a fax right away, so they may still be in business, some business, somewhere.

theidler
14th Mar 2013, 12:31
This website still works:

Pilot Supplies, Pilot Uniform, Pilot Cases - Pilot Warehouse UK (http://www.pilotwarehouse.co.uk)

Have they risen from dissolution (again)?

Is it still the Jolliffes?

piperboy84
14th Mar 2013, 13:50
Never heard of them, I use these guys they seem to be on the ball

Aircraft Spruce EU - 60,000 parts for aircraft and pilots (http://www.aircraftspruce.eu/)

Esperanza
29th Nov 2013, 08:44
I should have done a search on this forum before buying from Pilot Warehouse.

Has anybody else bought anything from the Pilot Warehouse recently? The reason I ask is that I ordered online over two weeks ago, and since then all of my efforts to contact them have failed. No response to several emails, and the phone number is always answered by a machine. Is it just me that's having a problem?

I work at a very busy flying school. I'll be making sure that my customers shop elsewhere.

Scott C
29th Nov 2013, 09:18
There's a thread about this on the Flyer forums. It would appear you're not the only one that's been stung by them, Mr H.

I tend to use Flightstore and Transair.

Shoestring Flyer
29th Nov 2013, 10:10
I generally use 'The Flying Shop' which is part of Adams Aviation. I find that sometimes the price is better and they hold a wider range of stock than Transair.