PDA

View Full Version : You Tube trouble

Fliegenmong
11th Aug 2009, 11:15
I have been recently receiving a warning on You Tube saying that my Browser or Server or something will no longer be supported...and now I cannot open anything of mine at all...I have spent 2 hours trying to find out what is the problem on the You Tube site..but it is so thoroughly illogical that I am unable to uncover a single skerrick of information that could be deemed useful...anyone else with this problem???

Sprogget
11th Aug 2009, 11:31
And your browser is...?

green granite
11th Aug 2009, 11:46
If your browser is IE6 then support is/will be withdrawn soon, this may well apply to lots of other sites as well, not just You Tube.

powerstall
11th Aug 2009, 11:49
What browser? :E

Bushfiva
11th Aug 2009, 13:38
As GG says, YouTube will cut support for IE6. It's been running a banner suggesting you upgrade to Chrome (no surprise there; avoid for the moment), IE8 or Firefox 3.5. If you've been happy with IE6, you'll be happy with IE8. I'm surprised the cut seems to have happened for you already, though.

Powerstall: useful contribution.

BOAC
11th Aug 2009, 19:16
Digressing slightly, BF, is that an unrestricted 'bravo' for IE8? I thought there were problems rolling back? I have been holding back letting braver men go forward:)

parabellum
11th Aug 2009, 23:30
Been using IE8 since it came out, problems seem sorted now, it can be a bit 'picky' about cookies but that is almost certainly my settings as I use this browser for banking.