PDA

View Full Version : fadec system fault airbus

b737400
10th Aug 2009, 18:04
hai,
i am on a340..had ecam during climb..ENG 2 FADEC SYS FAULT.
amber with no actions.
fcom 3 says- this caution is only triggered on ground if one no dispatch failures affects one or both channels. and the action is:
thrust lever-----idle
eng masters----off

my question: if this caution is only triggered on ground..then why it came on during air mode..and what is the required actions.
your input please..i am still learning..thank you.

augustusjeremy
10th Aug 2009, 18:17
Once upon a time, not that long ago...
In a "short" runway in a big South American city..

spannersatcx
11th Aug 2009, 07:02
It would depend on when the message was generated, a lot of messages are inhibited at certain stages of flt, so as not to distract the crew, when that flt phase is over i.e take off then if the defect is still present a message would be generated at the next flt phase. Plus not all computers report all the time some only report/record from thrust levers at T/O until landing, so any fault generated on start up to T/O setting and from touch down would still be there but not generated until the next flt. Or something like that anyway.

I had one yesterday on the PFR and the message said next to it, 'Not Displayed' thiis was because it was during the landing roll, a rather critical flt phase, in this instance it was an Eng x Minor Fault.

lomapaseo
11th Aug 2009, 13:01
I don't have access to the manuals but a reason that the message is typically inhibited in the air is that it is not critical to flight or requiring pilot action. In the above case it proably just means that the FADEC has auto reverted to a fail-safe mode and that would be an actionable action before the next flight.

not 100% sure

chopperspring
12th Aug 2009, 14:24
i will check engine parameters first , ecam says FADEC 2 sys fault , in real situation that engine would have shut down right?if it still working fine, then probably that was a fake info, call company serv center to see what they suggest , or continue flight.

Kuwait
15th Aug 2009, 15:35
Hi All,

There is a difference between FADEC fault and FADEC SYS Fault on the A340. with the former caution the engine will self shutdown but with the latter caution the engine keeps running and the cause for such caution is a malfunction in one of the engine parameters (N1, EGT .....) and will be, in most cases, cleared by shutting down and restarting the engine, i.e. resseting the FADEC.

As spanner said, it is most likely you had the caution before takeoff but it was masked by the inhibition logic and then reappear aftyer airborne.