PDA

View Full Version : EY A320

Blown Seal
9th Aug 2009, 07:24
Hi, was hoping someone could please advise me what the destinations the 320 flies to are? And also what a standard roster is like ie hours flown, days worked, overnights and standby's?

This question might be a bit of a hot potato but with the decrease in property prices do you guys think it is worthwhile buying over there now as compared to just taking the company accommodation, and is the rent to buy scheme still running and if so what are the names of the developments?

Thanks in advance.

(ps feel free to pm if you wish)

Chandler Bing
9th Aug 2009, 08:43
Hardly any lay-over, unstable rosters, 7 Days On 2 OFF is often seen, 2 to 3 night flights in a row with minimum rest in between. Hours are balanced over 2 months so that you never get overtime. Life is hard on A320. Ever thought about converting to coal digger ? Welcome to EY A320. Life sucks on the A320, the only reason why people stay is the A330 CCQ and the lure of quick command , which is now minimum 5 years to joining.

Real estate....? a few guys still crying , allowance covers hardly the rental of a 2 bedroom appartment, and as I've read somewhere else in the ME forums, nothing is written on stone, but on sand....that means the accomodation allowance can be slashed by half anytime and real estate laws can be changed within a snap by Abu Dhabi rulers. Making any plan here is just lacking of judgement. The only consistent aspect here is the unconsistancy.

c560xl
9th Aug 2009, 21:59
Buddy think twice b4 accepting position on 320.
That,s all I can say

Good Luck

varigflier
10th Aug 2009, 01:38
Is it that bad also on the widebody fleet? What about CRM and cockpit atmosphere?

Bredrin
10th Aug 2009, 04:52
CRM in the cockpit is good and life on the wide busses is fine. Ask for four days off (only one request per month) and usually you get at least 10 days off. Flying is usually not too stressfull but, it is not uncommon to work 'like a dog' for two weeks and then have very little for the next two weeks of the month.

NEDude
10th Aug 2009, 23:44
So are they actively recruiting to the wide busses right now? And how hard to get to western Europe on off days?

huncowboy
30th Aug 2009, 15:21
I have manged to take a peak at a few EY 320 lines. Can anyone explain how the STBY and AVL days work. Is STBY reserve? Is AVL on call previous day or something like that?