PDA

View Full Version : D reg a/c

jumbojet
9th Aug 2009, 03:29
I might buy a D reg single shortly & wonder if there will be any complications with the German CAA (LBA) as I am not a German citizen, (British) but wish to keep the plane D reg. Maintenance is ok as it will continue to be done at the previouse owners facility.
Jumbo

flyingfemme
9th Aug 2009, 09:10
None at all - you may need to send them a copy of your UK passport to prove that you are entitled to register onthe D (all EU passports will work).

KeesM
10th Aug 2009, 05:59
No real problems at all.
One serieus thing, proof of insurance. The LBA will not register an aircraft to your name if you do not send it together with the change of owner ship form. And I really mean together. Do not accept that your insurer send it for you, it will never arrive on the right LBA desk.:bored:
Better, go in person, with the former owner, to the LBA in Braunsweig.
The form for change of owner ship is somewhere on the LBA website(also in English)

Check if there are no liens on that aircraft.
Check if the owner is really the owner.
If the plane has an ELT and/or mode-s, change the registration(s) to your name.

And you have to get a license for the radios and nav. stuff.

There was a web-site once that covered all these things and some more but I've lost the link.

-Kees

I've found that link: What is involved when buying an aircraft (in Germany) (http://www.avions-jodel.de/Privat/aircraft_buying_steps.html)

Bottlehead
12th Aug 2009, 16:33
I bought my D reg Plane 5 years ago from the previous owner that was based at Braunsweg EDVE. So all paperwork could be done at the same place. Maintenence people should do radio and transponder name change for you. I use a facility at Muchengladbach EDLN as the nearest to the UK.

No problems. Enjoy. With silencer and lower noise prop it is 6 dB quieter
that normal.

KeesM
13th Aug 2009, 05:26
There should be a maintenace org. that can do D-regs somewhere in the UK. A few weeks ago I met some guys, at Abbeville, from the UK in a D-reg C170. They told me that annnuals etc is done in the UK.

The maintenance etc. for my D-reg is done in the Netherlands.

-Kees