PDA

View Full Version : QF17 Syd-BA Monday August 17

Blue Sky Baron
8th Aug 2009, 07:33
Venturing overseas for only the second time on Monday 17th August and thought that it might be interesting to make contact with anyone crewing this flight.
13 hours is a long time and i'm sure there would be time for a chin wag at some stage. :}
Thanks in advance!

BSB :p

Runaway Gun
8th Aug 2009, 07:58
You might have to chin wag to your neighbouring passengers....
It gets pretty busy up in the front office. That's what they are paid for.

Unless you bring prezzies :ok:

Artificial Horizon
8th Aug 2009, 08:01
Pretty busy :}:}:} that is funny, last time I did a long haul sector it was pretty busy deciding when to take rest, eat, which newspaper to read first and then what to do for the other 5 hours before the approach briefing.

Blue Sky Baron
8th Aug 2009, 08:02
Define "Prezzies"!

woftam
8th Aug 2009, 22:55
A/Horizon, yes the approach briefing should fill in a few hours :} And start about 2 hours from TOD :E

Lookleft
9th Aug 2009, 01:21
S/O motto "Sleep 'till you're hungry-eat 'till you're tired"

GADRIVR
9th Aug 2009, 02:40
Poor little S/Os....such a tough life:ok:.
What with massive decisions to make such as....should I use this radio or that radio, what could the Captain want for his snack?, whom should I liase with to make sure the peanuts are heated?....."oh Skipperrrrr (ya gotta imagine a falsetto voice), do you think you may have forgotten to yoik that button??"...or the big one....."do these pants make my toosh look big?!"
Gads....now back in myyy day (ramble continues for some time before being interrupted by brain cells not really getting along!):E

Blue Sky Baron
11th Aug 2009, 02:08
Just bringing it back to page 1

PyroTek
11th Aug 2009, 03:16
Maybe the crew of this flight don't frequent these forums??

:ok:Pyro

Atlas Shrugged
11th Aug 2009, 03:41
Maybe they dont care.....

ravan
11th Aug 2009, 03:49
They are probably not allowed to talk to you......you could be a tourist???....err, a tortoise???......um, a terrorist???

Taildragger67
11th Aug 2009, 05:39
You lot are a narky bunch today

Blue Sky Baron
11th Aug 2009, 06:11
Pyro, you are probably right. I considered placing this on the main DG & P thread but figured the mods would bump it off there anyway.

Transition Layer
11th Aug 2009, 06:18
BSB, I'm sure if the guys read this they'd be more than happy to say G'day. There's generally plenty of time to pop down during the flight or a chat after landing in BA.

Maybe it's worth asking the CSM if you can go up and say a quick hello at the other end.

Cheers

PyroTek
11th Aug 2009, 11:31
Maybe it's worth asking the CSM if you can go up and say a quick hello at the other end.

This is true, On a BA flight once I asked to take a few photos of the flight deck, ended up in a conversation with the pilots.. until ushered off because the bus was waiting for me..
:ok:Pyro

Runaway Gun
11th Aug 2009, 14:02
Prezzies? Your 20 yo daughter and other relevant distractions.

The Green Goblin
12th Aug 2009, 03:07
Bring ya headset and a GPS:p

Blue Sky Baron
13th Aug 2009, 02:24
Runaway Gun
If I have a 20yo daughter its news to me:bored:
If I had any 'other distractions' I guess I'd be happy enough with that :ok:

Only 4 sleeps to go!!

BSB :eek:

Blue Sky Baron
18th Aug 2009, 12:47
Flight was uneventful and all crew were very pleasant and helpful which made the flight as good as it could be. Thanks guys!