PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate High Advanced PPL

tmmorris
7th Aug 2009, 20:00
Anyone done it? Any comments?

Seriously considering this (for next Easter/Summer hols, probably) as a PPL/IMC with 350 hours and aware that I am good at procedural flying but bad at accurate general handling.

Tim

foxmoth
7th Aug 2009, 21:57
Tim,

I am surprised you have not had any comments back so far, I am obviously biased as i am an UH instructor, but I can promise that the areas that you are weak on will be polished up and you will come out at the end feeling a better pilot, and hopefully having had fun into the bargain:ok:

Mark1234
7th Aug 2009, 22:11
I don't know anything about the UH stuff, and have less hours than you, however a significant amount have been aerobatic. Personally I highly rate such things, appart from being straight good fun, it's very good for handling skills, and recovery from just about any position.

tmmorris
8th Aug 2009, 07:35
Thanks both - yes, foxmoth, the syllabus looks nicely tailored to my weaknesses. I've done some flying with 6AEF at Benson and it has highlighted just how much better RAF QSPs are than me - and of course the UH course is run by people with much the same opinion!

FWIW I dropped in to donate some Bulldog cardboard cockpits and found the place friendly and professional, so you made a good impression. (Are you still using them, by the way? Hope they came in handy...)

Tim

A and C
8th Aug 2009, 15:22
UH are very good at getting your handling up to scratch, before you go to them re-read your PPL books because I bet (like me) you have let "effects of controls" slip into the background of your mind.

One last warning going to UH will only end one way............................ at the Extra 300!

tmmorris
8th Aug 2009, 18:11
Hmm. Extra does look interesting... Perhaps you could get one for the club :-)

Tim