PDA

View Full Version : Online shop

CEJM
7th Aug 2009, 19:33
Been looking at building my own online store. However as of this moment I have hit a snag and I don't know how to work around it.

Most ecommerce (online store) software that you can download of the web are automatically your home page. But i would like to have a normal homepage on which one of the buttons directs you to the webstore.

The only way I can think of a way around it is to have two websites on which one links through to the other, but that shouldn't be necesarry.

Anybody any suggestions?

Scott Diamond
7th Aug 2009, 20:00
Hi CEJM,

The way the software will work means that it will more than likely be "index.php" as the main page.

If you were to create your 'other' section and save it as index.html, then this will appear instead of the index.php in the user's browser where you could go on to link to index.php etc... Another options to put your shopping part into another directory, or "folder", in your public_html directory of your website. From there, you could link to /shop/ etc and have the rest of your website as the first loading page.

Any questions please PM me and I'll try and help you out a bit better!

G'luck

Aerouk
7th Aug 2009, 21:28
Scott is right.

I would usually keep the script (ecommerce) into a folder like /index/shop and then build a webpage in the index folder which directs you to the script.

If you need any further help, feel free to contact me as well :ok:

CEJM
7th Aug 2009, 21:33
Thank you very much.

My homepage is ready but I have been trying to find some decent webshop software today. My provider offers a selection (osCommerce, Cubecart, phpcart) so far I have been trying to figure out osCommerce but it either doesn't upload the price of the item or does not upload the weight. At work for the next couple of days but will have a look later in the week.

If you by any chance know some good webshop software then feel free to tell me about.

Also thanks a lot for the offer to contact both of you. When I have found the webshop software and set it up like I want it I will send you a PM. Can take a while as it is a bit busy so don't be surprised if it is in September.

CEJM

Aerouk
7th Aug 2009, 21:59
I run my own servers and most of my clients use either ZenCart or osCommerce.

cdtaylor_nats
8th Aug 2009, 05:39
Have a look at

1&1 Internet Ltd.- Home Page (http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Home;jsessionid=CAC5DA1BD5A018BFF096853D69F220F3.TC31b?__reu se=1249709898151)

they will help you set up an internet shop, essentially from a packaged solution.

Don Coyote
8th Aug 2009, 06:14
Or these guys: Ecommerce Software | Shopping Cart Software by ekmPowershop (http://www.ekmpowershop.com/index.asp)

Wife has been using them for her shop for a couple of years now.