PDA

View Full Version : Another JPA Conundrum!

Could be the last?
5th Aug 2009, 20:37
So to the next JPA cock up!!

They have overpaid me, I know because I sat and worked it out (3 months worth of FP) I told them via HR and eventually they stopped paying me over the odds. However, now they have decided to take it back.

'You are in debt' is the way it is written on the pay chit! Interesting use of words and infers that I have made the mistake....... Nonetheless, how much can they take back in one go?:confused:

And yes I have kept the excess to one side!

ZOFO
5th Aug 2009, 20:57
Could be worse , as a member of HMF I have to log myself onto both JPA and HMRS for updates to my training and allowances etc.. This is all thanks to where I work being takin over by a "Defence Agency" Contractor type thingy!!

Could be the last?
5th Aug 2009, 21:00
Similar to my last job, the CS didn't have to know anything about JPA they were all based around HRMS. Even better, they complained when I didn't do my stats on HRMS as they didn't get their bonus!!! - Which I thought was fair as they couldn't be arsed to write my SJAR!!!:ok:

wewtgf
5th Aug 2009, 21:06
You see. Now you have started yet another jpa thread and now we are getting endless boring tales of how life has become **** under jpa.

how much can they take back in one go?

Here is an interesting concept for you.

I told them via HR

Does that give you a clue?:ugh: I know that maybe be difficult for you to grasp, but why not give it a go. Whilst you are at it maybe you could get all of the admin staff in HR to tell you really boring stories about jpa, and then you could see just how tedious this subject is.:=

Could be the last?
5th Aug 2009, 21:16
My HR is invariably shut for 'staff trg' so there's your clue.

Anyway you some kind of blunty lover wewtgf? :mad:

minigundiplomat
5th Aug 2009, 21:24
Could be the last - PM on its way.

Seldomfitforpurpose
6th Aug 2009, 01:20
The answer is maximum of 4 days pay a month :ok:

Could be the last?
6th Aug 2009, 06:49
Thanks for the help. :ok:

Good Mickey
6th Aug 2009, 15:29
SFFP,

The answer is maximum of 4 days pay a month

thats a lot of dosh for you mate!!

GM

Canadian WokkaDoctor
6th Aug 2009, 15:40
Could be the last? - As you have put the money aside, if you act quickly you can pay the "debt" off via cheque, but you have a ridiculously short time to do so due to the 10 day turn around for urgent "I requests". That is if you want to pay them back and leave your pay unchanged.

Cows getting bigger
6th Aug 2009, 17:13
4 days gross, just to make it absolutely clear. :{ You can appeal at this recovery rate if you write a nice long letter and get your CO to support you but................

Mick Strigg
7th Aug 2009, 07:28
It is 4 days gross pay, but you have to pay the tax & NI on that gross pay before they take it off you, so it ends up equating to about a weeks net pay. I was shocked when I ended up with a quarter of my pay missing one month!

unclenelli
18th Aug 2009, 19:23
4 Days Gross is on the old system.

JPA will take 1.1% of salary per month.

This is Gross Salary, so a Cpl on Payband Low 7, living in a Barrack Block can expect to see 17.8% of his take-home pay taken from him at source.

(These are the figures I had to put up with for 5 months due to an over payment of LOA resulting in £1600 GPD (Gross Public Debt)!!!)

Jumping_Jack
18th Aug 2009, 22:13
I don't understand that....where did the 17.8% come from? :confused:

Seldomfitforpurpose
18th Aug 2009, 23:28
SFFP,

thats a lot of dosh for you mate!!

GM

Twas a tidy sum :ok:

moosemaster
19th Aug 2009, 11:17
My advice, for what i's worth.

Don't pay it back in a single lump sum. JPA is so, erm, inflexible that it'll probably still deduct it from your wares anyway.

Just let it sort itself out in its own way. Doing anything out ofthe ordinarly really bu66ers it up.

Random Bloke
19th Aug 2009, 19:39
I was in a similar situation having been overpaid and the JPAC wanted to take back the amount of overpay (gross) at 4 days pay per month. I pointed out to the HR staff that I had paid tax on the money that I had been paid and that to take back the gross amount would leave me out of pocket. The HR staff insisted that this was my problem and that I would have to take up the matter with the tax office. I did, and the helpful tax office folk were adamant that it was up to the JPA people to sort it out. After much arguing the JPAC agreed it was their problem and adjusted the payback accordingly.

indie cent
19th Aug 2009, 20:31
...as an aside, at what level of inaccuracy does a review of pay have to be called??? I'm guessing that in the scenario of everybodies pay being wrong it would have to be reviewed. Where's the cut off....?

...I may even go and check my own pay now. Although, I cannot make sense of my pay statement, and they recover sums that are untraceable.

Simples.