PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on future plans... plz help

Homez91
4th Aug 2009, 23:03
hi
i have recently finished my last year in high school and i am leaving with 5 B's at scottish higher level. my question is are these grades enough to pursue a career as a commercial pilot? having passed my first class medical i am planning to go to america to get the required licences to cpl level. i have enough to money to do this all at once. so what i really want to ask is what do employers look for in newly trained pilots? i know it is very difficult to get a job in this field due to the current economic situation, but i feel that this is a dream that i really want to fulfill.

thanks in advance

Keygrip
4th Aug 2009, 23:31
What is the dream you wish to fulfill?

You wish to hold a Commercial Pilots Licence - or you want a job flying professionally?

One of them *may* be your choice - the other....who knows?

Homez91
4th Aug 2009, 23:39
well the dream im sure is pretty obvious, no one wants to spend heaps of money and sit with a licence in their hand.

also can anyone tell me if the airline PIA has a good reputation?

cheers for the reply

Aerouk
4th Aug 2009, 23:49
5 Highers is more than enough, have you considered going to University first? You seem to have the knack for education, it might be a better option while we wait for the industry to pick itself up.

Homez91
5th Aug 2009, 00:16
well i actually applied to university, got accepted and then went on to postpone my place for a year. dont want to go to university if i am not committed and only thinking about flying. the thing is my uncle is a pilot for PIA and he told me to get through my licences and he will try and get me a placement. however, i dont think i want to spend the rest of my life in pakistan having been born and brought up in britain. money is not an issue what do you thing would be the best way to get into an airline? i was thinking about paying my way through an a320 type rating after getting my licences, would that help at all and make me more favourable?