PDA

View Full Version : Non mutually recognized Slovakia for JAA flight training?

Capt. Spock
4th Aug 2009, 18:41
Good evening sirs and ma-ams,

I'm rather confused in which countries I can add JAA ratings onto my JAA license.

Slovakia is a full member of the JAA but not mutually recognized under JAR-FCL 1 (flight crew licensing). Now I would like to add a JAA FI rating in Slovakia onto my JAA (UK issued) license, is that possible? List of JAA-NAA with Recommendation for Mutual Recognition (http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/licensing_overview.html)

I would imagine not but I also met one HOT (head of training) from Macedonia earlier who was telling me that I could also do their training as they were full members of the JAA. Macedonia is neither mutually recognized under JAR-FCL 1.

I tried to look up the Slovak CAA's website for further information but the English page is not available. I also tried to call the Slovak CAA and was told the number was not in use. That's one CAA hard to reach ;)

Thank you for any leads and advice, :ok:
Spock

MartinCh
5th Aug 2009, 01:36
Is there anything special about Slovakia why you'd need to do your FI rating there?
I don't know answer to your query, but if I were you (and may do in future as well) I'd just get in touch with one of handful Czech FTOs and do your FI rating there.
AK Zbraslavice sound reasonable to me. They use mainly Z-226 and Z-326 - famous 'Trener' aircraft for FI rating, but have others. Tailwheel, if you didn't know.

When I swapped few emails with one guy at SK CAA, I got to know this funky thing with FCL. They do however recognise JAA papers for comm jobs in Slovakia. That doesn't imply it should go both ways. If it did, they'd be fully 'in', not just JAR FCL compliant.

If you want to instruct in Slovakia and you do what you say, it should be fine, wouldn't it? I'd go the Czech route. Good deals to be had compared to FI rating in the UK. Just bear in mind current job market.

Capt. Spock
5th Aug 2009, 11:49
Thank you for your post Martin.

There is nothing that would force me to do my training in Slovakia. I was mainly considering Slovakia because of Seagle Air which seems like a decent FTO.

I have already been in contact with a couple of schools in the Czech Rep. I didn't know about Aeroklub Zbraslavice so thank's for the info!

jet.man123
5th Aug 2009, 17:07
it's ok to do training in Slovakia, you don't have to take cover anymore when a plane flys over! Seriously, the problem is the English Language levels and communication within the two CAAs. Try Lithuania, cheap flight to Vilnius and comrade bob is your uncle..

rasti121
18th Aug 2009, 08:04
Ask UK CAA, if they would recognise your training from SK and under what conditions add it on your license. They might ask you to pass the practical test in UK though (or more). Better clear it up before you commit to anything.

rasti121
18th Aug 2009, 08:06
... or any other National CAA that issued your license...