PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Leave

Could be the last?
4th Aug 2009, 17:52
Heard an interesting snippet whilst eating lunch with some blunties:

Seemingly we are entitled to 5 days relocation leave to bring us in line with Army. I obviously missed this and my 'PSF/HR/whatever they call themselves when they are open Sect' didn't feel the need to tell me when I pitched up for my latest job.

Has anyone else had their JPA/Workflow Lve entitlement credited with the 5 days????

Mr C Hinecap
4th Aug 2009, 18:10
Yes - we now get 5 days - but the Army get up to 10 - so not quite in line.

Speak to your current unit Admin - they should just be able to credit you the 5 days.

30mRad
4th Aug 2009, 18:19
Not sure it's a carte blanche 5 days - seem to recall there is an element of how far away the move is but could be wrong. Bizarrely the leave is awarded by the gaining unit - how that is efficient I don't know - so you don't get it until you get there. However, no probs getting it credited to you, although I too had to ask for it rather than it happen by default. It doesn't appear on your annual leave balance, it appears somewhere else as a different type of leave, but there and available!

Could be the last?
4th Aug 2009, 18:24

Vortex_Generator
5th Aug 2009, 13:53
Mine was credited shortly after receiving my AO, without any input from me. Perhaps it's a unit thing?

Sideshow Bob
5th Aug 2009, 15:13
It's 5 days for a move between units and 1 day for a move between sections within a unit. It is at your new line managers discression and at the expense of your new unit/section (can't take it before your posting date). I only found out about it by taking to a blunty, I also had to put in a leave pass for it, as Relocation Leave wasn't covered by the JPA leave system at the time.

Professor Plum
17th Aug 2009, 16:31
Can you get relocation leave while still in phase 2 training? (I'm currently going through flying training).

Also, I don't suppose anyone knows what JSP this is in??

Occasional Aviator
17th Aug 2009, 16:40
I think this is just smoke and mirrors. They'll credit you the 5 days, but won't actually build the gap in to handover/posting plots etc - so in the end it's just another 5 days that won't get carried over - unless you're one of those lucky people that manages to take all their leave every year....

Pontius Navigator
17th Aug 2009, 17:10
Can you get relocation leave while still in phase 2 training? (I'm currently going through flying training).

Also, I don't suppose anyone knows what JSP this is in??

Plum, without checking the facts, I think it is a racing certainty that you will not get it between schools. The programmes used to be set up to allow a week between phases etc so you would be lucky to get 4 weeks let alone 6 or a free 5 days.

Experience showed that there was a very significant skill and knowledge fade after more than a weeks leave. Many years ago, it seems more recent, but was the same as the period between WW1 and WW2, the CinC awarded everyone not engaged in GW1 an extended Christmas Grant. We had to do a rapid replan and give all the students a one-week refresher:\

Nomorefreetime
17th Aug 2009, 17:28
Correct me if I'm wrong but....I'm led to believe if you have a family in tow, you are also entitled to Hotac at public expense at both departing and reciving unit while you furniture is in transit / sitting in boxes.

muttywhitedog
17th Aug 2009, 19:21
Relocation leave is not granted to phase 1 or 2 students.

30mRad
17th Aug 2009, 20:00
'Tis true about the HOTAC and eating expenses whilst moving. Think the number of nights etc depends on the distance as well, and you can only claim meals for kids over a certain age, and since Master 30mRad still uses Mum for eating....! It's all in the Bluntie JSP (752 rings a bell, but that might be SFA one) and concur with the between FTS bit - it'll be factored into the dates between courses to allow you time to move.

Hope that helps.

glider insider
18th Aug 2009, 21:45
Had my relocation leave credited automatically.

I think it applies as followd:
Not phase 1 or 2 training or posting to first unit after training.
5 days for in UK or intra theater.
10 days for overseas moves.
Taken at receiving units time / expense.

rathebelucky
19th Aug 2009, 04:20
30mRad

Don't suppose that you could PM me with details about HOTAC whilst on Relocation Leave as my previous unit denied it to me outright between postings. Thanks

Wader2
19th Aug 2009, 12:41
ratherbelucky

QR 2550 appears to be the starter and refers to the detail at JSP752 ch 4 sect 11.

The following is not new and has been in existence, to my knowledge, for over 35 years:

04.1112.Preliminary Visit to Arrange Private or Substitute Services Families’ Accommodation (SSFA) at a New Place of Duty in the UK. A Service person who is required to occupy private accommodation or SSFA at a new place of duty in the UK, because Service Families Accommodation (SFA) is not available, may make one return journey to the new duty station with their spouse/civil partner and children (but not any other member of the immediate family) at public expense in order to arrange private accommodation or SSFA.

There may be another reference but that is all I could find.

Wader2
19th Aug 2009, 13:28
I have found an Army letter that states:

. The allowance for all 3 Services for intra theatre-moves will be amended to give between 1 and 10 days for relocation, as decided by Commanding Officers of receiving units. and refers to JSP 760.

and JSP 760 states:

c. For RAF personnel. Service personnel assigned within GB and NI will be entitled to Relocation Leave[1] (http://www.pprune.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5135796#_ftn1). The length of the Relocation Leave will be as follows:

(1) For an assignment which results in a change of station and domestic accommodation location – 5 working days.

(2) Where an individual moves to another station but does not relocate domestically, or moves between units on the same station – 1 working day.

[1] (http://www.pprune.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5135796#_ftnref1) This entitlement is extended to graduates from Phase II training, where the course length is greater than 6 months and a domestic relocation has taken place due to service reasons.

rathebelucky
20th Aug 2009, 01:43
Wader
Thanks I'll start looking into it further tomorrow.