PDA

View Full Version : TCED and the "liberated" slat

Kamelchaser
4th Aug 2009, 07:40
Ed's latest missive;

A piece of fibreglass from the left slat of an EK 777 was "liberated" from the wing and struck the left fuselage and cabin window.

WTF is liberated? Is it something to do with falling off?

I think we'd all like to be liberated from Ed's "liberation" and "moving forward" speak. A new language has perhaps been born....EDSPEAK or TCEDSPEAK?

Jeez man..get some balls and call a friggin spade a spade and not a rectangular, flat edged, straight shafted digging implement.

trimotor
4th Aug 2009, 09:47
To be fair to the man, I think he was actually being a little tongue-in-cheek..

Yes, it struck me as slightly peculiar, but he got the message across, in a timely manner, which is, frankly, an improvement.

Kamelchaser
4th Aug 2009, 10:42
Actually Tri-motor that was one of my (admittedly rather hidden) points.

When you speak so much shyte in your everyday communications, no-one can tell when you're being serious, facetious, humorous or what.

Bit like the old "cry wolf" story huh?....lose credibility and no-one takes you seriously.

Orangewing
4th Aug 2009, 10:43
Timely indeed. I recall it took about two weeks for ed to feel it necessary to inform us of the unfortunate MEL incident... Go figure...:hmm:

lowstandard
4th Aug 2009, 11:12
First the slats get liberation, the flaps and spoilers will follow, then the engines will want liberation...it will be airplane anarchy!!

I guess liberation also applies to our T&C's, i.e "your leave has been liberated".

PorkKnuckle
4th Aug 2009, 13:52
Who liberated it?

Bit like the old "cry wolf" story huh?....lose credibility and

Not sure how much more credibility there was to lose after all the lies told during those meetings a while back.

mini cooper
4th Aug 2009, 14:05
Can someone 'liberate' TCED from EK so he can go cause chaos somewhere else? :ok:

PorkKnuckle
4th Aug 2009, 14:29
I suppose the crew have already "resigned", as is the custom lately at EK.

Anyone checked the RR list to see who they sacked over the liberated slut....? :rolleyes:

Duh
4th Aug 2009, 17:25
What a fun place to work. So many one liners. As my countrymen would say, that's some good Schtick. Oi Vey :}

mensaboy
4th Aug 2009, 18:55
I have said since DAY ONE, the man is an illiterate idiot. He actually wrote a memo decreeing how HE learned so much from Capt America, who we all know is a tiny microbe existing at the bottom of a barrel of ****e!

Why is this place attracting such morons?

The day most pilots leave here will be equivalent to their 'first born' or perhaps their wedding day or when they won the lottery. We are led by individuals who are intellectual minions, could not run a successful small business, are willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder, and should be ashamed of themselves.

I give up, bring on the new joiners. Let them Discover EK! haha

Bandit FO
5th Aug 2009, 08:42
Mensaboy is my hero! He should be Mentor-boy to the new joiners!