PDA

View Full Version : When to start training for best shot

tarmac-
4th Aug 2009, 05:44
Righto,

So ive read this forum in depth, know the ins n outs of the industry blah blah - and have decided to take the leap, however not now.

Im looking at jumping into training starting 2011 hoping that by the time I have finished things would be starting to look up - give or take. Yeh, I realise it aint no ticket to an airline job, however would be hoping that pilots already within the industry would be starting to move around so may have a better shot.

Whats your thoughts

davey147
4th Aug 2009, 08:19
Well I dont know about New Zealand, but the UK economy will probably start recovering sometime during 2010.

The airline industry will lag behind the economy, and probably wont start recovering until 2012 - 2013, as for recruitment of low hour pilots, I cant see this starting until 2015 onwards.

So id look to be starting your training during 2014 - 2015.

This is my opinion, I hope im wrong, but I fear I wont be.

Wee Weasley Welshman
4th Aug 2009, 09:57
That's the sort of timescale I think would be prudent.

History suggests many large airline bankruptcies occur months and years after the technical recession ended.

The big shake outs in Europe probably won't be complete for another two winters yet. How many redundant pilots there will be is anyones guess. It could be a lot and there doesn't seem to be a marked slow down in the number of students attending the large flying schools so the supply side is looking very healthy. The demand side..

nmcpilot
4th Aug 2009, 15:16
A good idea in theory, lets hope everyone else doesn't have the same idea and there are too many pilots in 2011.