PDA

View Full Version : PTC ATPL Distance Learning

eoghanc
4th Aug 2009, 02:57
Hello just started my PPL and am looking into how i wish to carry out my ATPLs. Was thinking on doing the distance learning course instead of intergrated. Any one have any experience with the distance learning course?

laverda62
10th Aug 2009, 21:30
Also check out Cranfield Aviation Training (CAT's) at Cranfield. I just completed my ATPL's with them. With CAT's you can do the course in any subject sequence and with the ground school weeks being 5 days long for each of the 3 phases it is helpful if you are also working. :ok:

niallbhoy
10th Aug 2009, 22:09
You could check out atlantic in cork, they have a brilliant deal going on at the moment. i saw a flyer the other day for it, from 0 to fatpl incl ground school and exams for 59000euro. Atlantic Flight Training, Cork Airport, Ireland. (http://www.atlanticair.ie)

EI-CON
17th Aug 2009, 21:37
I did the atpl's distance learning through PTC found them good, could do the subjects in whatever order i wanted like mentioned earlier at Cranfield. You do the groundschool two weeks before the exams, groundschool was generally good aswell especially in the bigger subjects like gen nav, principles, instruments and systems for example.

But dont do the atpl's without getting your hands on the bristol question bank whoever you do them with!

Alexsky
18th Aug 2009, 10:38
Consider also the Oxford Aviation Academy distant training course.
With flight training in Latvia, Riga after getting your PPL you can get the fATPL for just 19.000Eur. Add some thousands for RyanAir tickets, food, lodging and exams in CAA. Check here: Pilot School | Pilot Training | Pilot Learning | Flight school | Flight Learning (http://www.avioservice.eu) .

pilotbear
18th Aug 2009, 11:30
PTC ATPL groundschool is the Bristol Groundschool syllabus

neilr
18th Aug 2009, 12:11
PTC uses the Oxford training material .... or at least it did last year when i completed

neil

irishone
18th Aug 2009, 18:48
They changed to Bristol from Oxford.

pilotbear
19th Aug 2009, 15:31
No, wrong way round. it is Bristol syllabus. It was Oxford but the support wasn't there and the database is better at Bristol. :ok: