PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning ATPL Exams...

Amcapt89
3rd Aug 2009, 23:25
Hello everyone,

I'm studying for my FLP ATPL exam on September and I would like to have clarifications about things allowed on the Jeppesen Manual, as voices sometimes are controversial...

I know that marks, formulas or notes are not allowed on the manual.... But can I highlight all the prime meridian, beacons, aerodromes that are suggested on the database ect?

I really appreciate your help!

Amcapt89

Andy_20
4th Aug 2009, 07:01
I was told at Bristol to highlight everything you will need! Just do not write notes. Also i think it is ok to have an imprint of lines drawn on the maps, because obviously you have been using it during your study. All of this will help.

I highlighted all the possible routes that were given during the online question bank. Saved so much time!

Some people in the exam had their jepessen checked but not many!

My Advice would be, hit the question bank and mock papers hard and highlight everything you come across onto the maps, exam should be a doddle then and you'll have plenty of time spare!

Good luck! :ok:

Trolle
4th Aug 2009, 07:35
Lines with pencil or highlighter were okay when I took the exam in June in the UK. I specifically asked the examiner and was told it was okay.

Didn't actually need the markings though. If you are comfortable with where to look for the information then you will be fine.

Amcapt89
4th Aug 2009, 18:07
Thanks for your help guys, It' really useful stuff!

amcapt89

nmcpilot
5th Aug 2009, 13:51
In my flight planning exam they didn't care if you'd used highlighters etc but they did come round the room randomly and various students had to use jeppesen manuals that hadn't been marked instead of their own ones. Luckily mine didn't get taken away.