PDA

View Full Version : Things allowed to have in JAA exams?

737 CL
3rd Aug 2009, 13:06
Hi Guys,
I'm doing the Conversion from Icao to Caa and I've got a question about What Kind of things are allowed to have in the exams?, Are Scientific Calculator Allowed? ,What About Formulas, Do I need to know all ? or Is is possible to have them in a paper as in the university?. And the last question is, I'm still flying in Latin America 737 NG plane I'm going to do my skill test, How long my license and my type rating are going to be valid without flying ? When are they expiring?

Best Regards.

Many thanks for your help in advanced.

Pablo

Trolle
3rd Aug 2009, 14:52
I have gathered from other posts that it depends on where you are taking your exams.

I have taken the exams in the UK. Here is what is allowed:
1. Scientific calculator is allowed, but not programmable
2. You need to know all formulas by heart; no notes allowed
3. You are allowed to use the Jepp Navigation Student Pilot Manual on certain exams
4. Your CRP is allowed to be used on certain exams

Remember, this was only my experience in the UK. I have read from others that no Jepp manuals are allowed in some countries, etc.

Good luck

737 CL
3rd Aug 2009, 16:54
Many thanks for your answer,I'm planning to take my exams at Gatwick, So I'll check with the school what they allow me to use, Another thing that I don't know is after I do my skill test in the simulator, how much time Would I be current on type, I guess It's the same as Icao 6 month as Capitan and 12 month as Fo, Because I'm only doing this license as a Back up.I don't have plan at the moment to use the license. Is anybody can help me? I would appreciate it.

Regards.

Pablo