PDA

View Full Version : Confused over UKCAA or JAA

Cpt.Iwillbe
3rd Aug 2009, 08:16
Please help,

I will be entering a Flight Academy soon for my CPL/Frozen ATPL course and my confusion is that if I join before Jan 2010 they will use the UKCAA system and if I join after Jan 2010 they will use the JAA system.

1. What is the difference?
2. Which is better?
3. How will this different qualification affect my plan to be a professional pilot?

Some people say that the JAA is difficult, others say that the JAA system issues the CPL if you had 150hrs in command flight time unlike the UKCAA requirements of 700hrs total flight time for the issuance of CPL with exam passes or UKCAA requires you to go for an Approved Flying Organisation (Academy).

Please kindly help.

God bless and thanks in advance:ok:

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Aug 2009, 11:16
UK CAA has been issuing JAA licences for some years now, so I don't think that it'll make any difference - it sounds to me just as an administrative changeover.

Anything you've been told about the UK CAA CPL is long dead for a new pilot - just ignore it.

The UK CAA document LASORS, which you can find and download from Civil Aviation Authority Home Page (http://www.caa.co.uk) will give you all of the minimum legal requirements.

G

Cpt.Iwillbe
7th Aug 2009, 06:59
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks so very much. Will look into LASORS for update.

Sorry for the late reply.

God bless & happy landings :-)

:O:O:O:D:D:D